Maserati Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
When you think about how few 2005 QPs are still rolling with relatively low miles, and how most parts are now either no longer available or being made in small batches, I think they have entered "old/classic car" realm.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It's sad but this is going to nail the coffin shut on our cars' values. I can picture the thread on Bring a Trailer: How much do these cost to maintain? "Well, you can't do anything without a $25,000 computer system, and the parts cost/availability is similar to a 1993 Diablo" Seems unlikely to start any bidding wars.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The competition is very strong. Companies must survive.

The path for this is : building new cars, new technology etc not produce spare parts for old models.
Problem is, that attitude is short-sighted. Porsche built one of the strongest automotive brands in the world, in part by insisting on continued support for old models. At one point, they literally deployed a marketing slogan for the pre-owned market segment "there are no old Porsches, only new owners." The constant sight of older Porsches around town contributed to the popular "legend" that they are so well built they last literally forever, and they knew that this is exactly what makes the name legendary in people's minds. No car brand is going to be legendary if all you see of them are relatively new vehicles. Companies need to understand the free marketing and hype that is gained from the mere sight of older models on the roads.

3,691 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out why it needs both rear wheel bearings? I hardly replace those things...Like 1 a year...Your car needs both as they both apparently went bad at the exact same time? Seems odd doesn't it...Jason

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh, no at first they wanted to replace both even though only one was bad, because they prefer to replace bearings in pairs. But then they found out it was $1,000 part so they only replaced the one that was bad.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts