Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a "failure alarm" on my GTS 2011 and I cannot figure out whether the problem come from the parking sensors or from the control unit. Will I get such alarm if ONLY 1 sensor was faulty ?

I tried to verify the sensors. I put my phone on recording mode in front of the sensors to identify any signal. The result was not obvious for all sensors...furthermore I did not hear any clicking....hence I suspect the control unit.
Has anybody had a control unit failure as most of the posts are related to parking sensors failure ?

Do you know if there is an OEM part for the Parking sensor control unit # 350592 (old ref 251728 ) ?

Thanks
RR

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Hi, I have a "failure alarm" on my GTS 2011 and I cannot figure out whether the problem come from the parking sensors or from the control unit. Will I get such alarm if ONLY 1 sensor was faulty ?

I tried to verify the sensors. I put my phone on recording mode in front of the sensors to identify any signal. The result was not obvious for all sensors...furthermore I did not hear any clicking....hence I suspect the control unit.
Has anybody had a control unit failure as most of the posts are related to parking sensors failure ?

Do you know if there is an OEM part for the Parking sensor control unit # 350592 (old ref 251728 ) ?

Thanks
RR
Trying to diagnose a failed parking sensor by clicking or vibrations has not been very helpful on my 2014 Granturismo. I would recommend you diagnose with a proper scan tool, it will identify which sensor is bad. (front external/front internal or rear external/rear internal). One bad sensor shut down my entire parking assist feature. If you find a faulty sensor, I have had great success with AliExpress. Good info in this link. 2010 GT S Front Parking Sensor Replacement (for cheap) | Maserati Forum (maseratilife.com)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Timado for your feedback.

I tried to look for the Parking tester (RPAT2) mentioned in the other link. I saw it only on Ebay and it is out of stock. Do you have any other model / option ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Thanks Timado for your feedback.

I tried to look for the Parking tester (RPAT2) mentioned in the other link. I saw it only on Ebay and it is out of stock. Do you have any other model / option ?
Thanks.
You're very welcome. The AP200 Autel scan tool displayed in the link is pretty good, if you can find one online. Cost me under $50 U.S. dollars a few years ago.
Here's a pic.
Mobile phone Communication Device Telephony Gadget Font

Reactions: Catmanv2

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,218 Posts
I have a scan tool but never use it. It's big and this one above looks nice and small - I assume it will report as much as the other one I have. I might buy this one above and keep in the car.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I have a scan tool but never use it. It's big and this one above looks nice and small - I assume it will report as much as the other one I have. I might buy this one above and keep in the car.
I keep this one in my glove box, and It's surprisingly good. (y)

·
Super Moderator
5,352 Posts
(y) so with the OBDII device Autel AP200, I will be able to detect which parking sensor is "dead". correct ?
You should be able to. It's done exactly that on my Jag. Thoroughly recommended bit of kit and probably lots better than your big one. The heaving lifting is done on your phone.

C

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
(y) so with the OBDII device Autel AP200, I will be able to detect which parking sensor is "dead". correct ?
Correct. Here are 2 snapshots from the stored history of my AP200/HT200 of how it will detail which sensor is in-op. Made it very easy to replace both.
Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology
Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Technology

1 - 12 of 12 Posts