Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many people I had dismissed my parking brake as useless (after reading the forums here) and hadn't bothered to investigate why it didn't work properly.

I recently had my car in for an unrelated service at FMOV and they found that the handbrake bracket was in fact broken and replaced the shoe and fork under warranty (thanks guys).

Now that it is actually working properly, I find that the QP parking brake is capable of supporting the car.

I still don't have a lot of confidence in the brake given the weight of the car, but if you are like me and just dismissed it then it is definitely worth a look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Park Brake

They tend to go out of adjustment quickly. Make sure they are adjusting them at every service since the adjustment is not covered under warranty. When adjusted properly (at the inside of the rear disc and the wire adjustment) they tend to work very good.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
648 Posts
Mine (Coupe) seems to work fine - it holds on a slanted driveway - I do need, however, to pull it all the way so an adjustment is most likely necessary

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
It is well known that Maserati doesn't want to put a decent handbrake (parking brake) in their cars. You may ask your service guy to tighten it, but it will go soft fairly fast. Some people just re-tighten it with every service, others don't bother at all.

Just make sure you put it in first gear when parking to be on the safe side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts