Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a granturismo for a few days now and today I have started to clean the sticky buttons and I found a way that works very easy, a steam generator .
The problem started after I cleaned the gears indicator and the parking brake button.
When I start the car the warning message pop out, parking brake failure ,after this I took out the two buttons I opened I clean them with contact spray very well , I disconnected the battery ,but when I try again the message was still there.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I am sure is because of the water had a short circuit somewhere inside the parking brake button,
I cleaned it and dryed it but maybe there is a procedure to reset it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, yes it something that I know but when you are in a hurry you make mistakes.Next time I will be more careful...
The problem is fixed now , but I have another with the doors , when I touch the button to open the door the window goes a little down but the door is not opening . Because I had disconnected the battery all night I have somehow to reprogram the doors?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the information guys, I have done something else and worked , I close my doors then I open the trunk disconnect then connect the battery and worked.
In first place when I disconnected the battery the doors were open and this seems Maserati don't likes it.

·
Super Moderator
5,076 Posts
You really want to make sure the doors are open, or the window is rolled down a bit before you disconnect the battery. ;)

C

Reactions: GT/MC 4ME

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used my steam generator and worked fine for me, but to do it correct you have to take apart the plastic parts from the electronics also I used a microfiber towel and the result was pretty good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts