Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The" parking brake failure warning bring to dealer" came up on display yesterday. Has anyone experienced this and what can I expect when I bring my car to get looked at. It's a '13 MC Stradale with only 9800 miles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had that on my GTS after sitting for a bit. Went off and have not seen it again. My dealer said it can be an issue if it set for a while. Good luck

·
Registered
102 Posts
when you park the car hit the parking brake off button when you restart it the warning should go out , if the red brake light stays lit shut car off and wait a minute or so and when you restart it it should go out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer said I needed to replace rotors and pads (2 mm) that is why light was on. I changed rear rotors and pads. Brakes work perfectly. Light will not go out. Reset brake to not work at all. I live on flat ground. Brake was setting all the time. Whoever heard of a brake failure light not going out after all the rear brake components were changed.

3,940 Posts
The parking brake and the regular brakes are two separate systems....You have a set of drum brakes for the parking brake and then the disc which you had replaced..They should not have told you that...Jason

3,940 Posts
It won't hurt anything, but the light won't away until it is working properly...BTW please start a new thread when you have a question in the model section that you own..Someone will help you...I'm actually not even sure what car you have at this point..? The original poster here did it wrong and it just creates confusion....Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts