Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace my dash top as the old one had leather shrinking issue. I found a used one, but the color was black. I got myself leather paint, that was matched to original color, and here are the pics of the process. I have also painted the seats, so I have now at least those colors coded at the supplier, so they can make more when needed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks very nice - had to be a lot of work. Any suggestions on how I should deal with the center of my steering wheel where the covering is wrinkled?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removing the dash top is not very difficult, painting takes time, especially going from black to lighter color. I don't have any experience on the issues with steering wheel, but please post a pic here if you have a chance.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks very nice - had to be a lot of work. Any suggestions on how I should deal with the center of my steering wheel where the covering is wrinkled?
Oh I know this one. Retrim.

Sorry bud, but that wheel piece is vinyl, as it shrinks it pulls up on the foam substrate underneath. You can separate the vinyl from the foam to allow it to relax, and then glue it in place again and it will be impossible to spot unless you know it is there, or just get it done in real leather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts