Maserati Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would think that a CPO car would not have obvious paint repair. That is why you usually pay extra for the CPO. They either didn't disclose it or are lazy and just mark anything as CPO without inspection.
Why would you think that? Cars that have been in accidents can still be certified. The CPO status is a type of guarantee (or warranty) that the car is in excellent mechanical shape. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether the car has been in a previous (minor) accident and/or otherwise repainted.

You can find a few previously-repaired CPO Maseratis advertised for sale. Here's one example:

And here's its Carfax: https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=zam56rpa3h1252513&partner=coo_0

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you read my post, I didn’t say the issue was whether it was in an accident. The issue is when there is “obvious” paint repair. This shows a lack of quality and care to me and is usually done to cut corners and price. To each their own.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you read my post, I didn’t say the issue was whether it was in an accident. The issue is when there is “obvious” paint repair. This shows a lack of quality and care to me and is usually done to cut corners and price. To each their own.
And if you read my post carefully, you would have noticed that I stated that a car being certified had absolutely nothing to do with whether it had been in a minor accident, or otherwise repainted. Your added qualifier in your most recent post that you were referring to "obvious" paint repair is a distinction without any difference. Any paint repair is going to be "obvious" to a professional.

I provided the example of a CPO vehicle with a Carfax report indicating it had been in a minor accident simply to demonstrate that cars that had at least some parts repainted could still be CPOs. I apologize if the way I presented that information upset you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your added qualifier in your most recent post that you were referring to "obvious" paint repair is a distinction without any difference. Any paint repair is going to be "obvious" to a professional.
You're kidding, right?? There was no clarification added, you just still didn't read my original post. I quoted below if that helps.

I would think that a CPO car would not have obvious paint repair.
We can agree to disagree as to whether obvious paint repair should make a high-end car like a Maserati disqualified from a CPO program. I think that is an important qualifier.
It almost sounds like your car had some paintwork and this somehow touched a nerve with you.
Anyway...the original poster /buyer would need to decide whether the paintwork and other issues are going to bother him. Let's not derail the thread.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Dealers purposely pull fast ones all the time, and more than you know...Just enjoy your car bro!!!
(y)

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Here's an idea. READ the Maserati CPO program documents that should have been provided to you by the selling dealership. If they didn't give them to you, go back to the dealership and demand that they give them to you. The documents include a brochure on what is and isn't covered, and they'll include a CPO warranty card with your car's VIN printed on it. The documents will clearly show you what is and isn't covered. The "What is covered" is about three paragraphs. The "What isn't covered" is more than 3 pages.

As the owner of a previously CPO certified Granturismo, I can tell you that previous paint and/or bodywork is not covered by the warranty nor is it used to determine if a particular vehicle can be certified under the program. In my opinion, the Maserati CPO program is an absolute joke and when you read your documents, you'll be surprised at just how many items aren't covered. It's a tool that Maserati and Maserati dealerships use to jack up the price of previously owned vehicles while at the same time, it gives the new owner a sense of security that will vanish the first time something happens to the vehicle.

Reactions: DSGT
21 - 27 of 27 Posts