Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...

For some reason... when I fill up my Mas...

Like I start pumping and after about 2 gallons or so... like maybe some air pressure thing triggers the gas pump so that the pump - "auto stops."

Kind of like when you fill up your car... when it's full - it automatically triggers the pump to stop?

Well... it does this with my Mas every 2 gallons or so.

Is it unique to just my car?

It happens at all pumps.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Same thing happens when I gas up my 2003 Maserati Coupe. I think it's the angle of the gas pipe opening; the handle of the gas pump is just at a strange angle. I don't think it is a flaw unique to just your car.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last thread above mine gave the answer.

This was my first fill up since I posted.

It seems that you have to do it in order.

Poster "The Head" got it right for me. Quoting him...

There is a certian order you need to follow when filling so the pistol does not shut off all the time
1. Turn Off Car
2. Remove key from Ignition
3. hit fuel door release

If you are (ALREADY) doing that then it is more then likely a fuel vent or flap problem.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had this problem with my 05 QP. It just kept getting worse. In my case it had nothing to do with the pump or the angle of the nozzle or anything like that.
I finally forced the service manager into the car, after three visits of them saying it was normal, and made him try to put gas in it. Squeeze, click off, squeeze, click off - he got it.
The problem turned out to be the canister that absorbs fumes; they replaced it and it has been perfect since.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
My car is at the dealer now and they are replacing that "green plastic filler" where the flap is. In my case that was the problem. But I have to admit that I've never tried to do the "key off the ignition" routine...

·
Registered
141 Posts
The problem is the fuel tank combo valve. The valve is for releasing pressure in the tank when filling and a roll over shut off so as not to spill fuel in the event of a roll over. This is a known issue to the dealer network, but, unfortunately misdiagnosed most of the time. Its not the filler neck or the carbon cannister or any other BS THEY GIVE YOU. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The problem is the fuel tank combo valve. The valve is for releasing pressure in the tank when filling and a roll over shut off so as not to spill fuel in the event of a roll over. This is a known issue to the dealer network, but, unfortunately misdiagnosed most of the time. Its not the filler neck or the carbon cannister or any other BS THEY GIVE YOU. Hope this helps.
It most definitely was the carbon canister in my case when I had this problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts