Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GT MC Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car a few months. Took it to get inspected and of course that's the day the check engine light came on. My regular mechanic who inspected it said it's a P2190 which he said was "System too rich at idle, Bank 2". They cleared the code and it didn't come back, got the car inspected, paid lots of taxes....and licensed.

Then a few weeks later it comes back on again. I took a drive with my son to play golf about 100 miles away ride one day, then the next day the light was off. Now again a few weeks later it comes back on and won't go away. The 200 mile round trip drive included multiple 100mph + bursts and maybe that burned off some carbon or something, hence the light going away.

Anybody got any ideas? You think Techron or one of the fuel injector cleaners would do the trick? I'm not sure my non foreign car mechanic wants to figure it out.

Thanks, Paul

5,566 Posts
Fuel injector cleaners are not needed these days...Maybe a vacuum leak or bad sensor issue...Don't take a car to a dude that doesn't want to work on it BTW...It usually turns to crap in that case...Jason

·
Registered
2013 GT MC Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jason. I probably will take it to my regular guy, have been with him 20+ years and has done all my cars. He has a young guy there that that use to work at a foreign car place. I think they can fix it, he'll probably let me watch if I want. It just wasn't a good day to do it when I got the inspection and I wanted some clarification on what it might be before I have them check it out. You have provided that. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm a big believer in BG44K - works very well.

That said, I has a misfire on Cylinder 1 recently and diagnosed it to be a bad injector. I replaced the injector last Friday and the car is purring like a kitten :cool:

5,566 Posts
I'm a big believer in BG44K - works very well.

That said, I has a misfire on Cylinder 1 recently and diagnosed it to be a bad injector. I replaced the injector last Friday and the car is purring like a kitten :cool:
That is one more than I have ever replaced on a Maserati or Ferrari, but stuff can break....We use BG for certain applications...Jason

·
Registered
2013 GT MC Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may just go ahead and give the BG44K at try, it would be a cheap fix if it worked.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
812 Posts
That is one more than I have ever replaced on a Maserati or Ferrari, but stuff can break....We use BG for certain applications...Jason
I had a code for misfire on Cyl 1. First thing I did was swap coil packs and the code did not move. Next step I pull the spark plug, it looked brand new but assuming it had an internal issue, I swapped it and code did not move so that left the injector. Replaced it and the problem is gone. I could have send the injector(s) for cleaning and testing but I was confident that it was the issue so I just replaced it to save time. I just got done replacing my AC compressor and I was eager to drive my car again :cool:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had a code for misfire on Cyl 1. First thing I did was swap coil packs and the code did not move. Next step I pull the spark plug, it looked brand new but assuming it had an internal issue, I swapped it and code did not move so that left the injector. Replaced it and the problem is gone. I could have send the injector(s) for cleaning and testing but I was confident that it was the issue so I just replaced it to save time. I just got done replacing my AC compressor and I was eager to drive my car again :cool: View attachment 138351
A marble floor????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts