Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already own a QP... i am at 6000miles and loving it i have to plans to get rid of it.

I have also been in the market for a 'weekend car'
I have driven the Vantage, a 911, a Z06, an M6 and a few others... I enjoy excluisivity very much. I like to personalize my cars but in a way that will optimize the asthetics while keeping the integrity of the marquee intact.

I have narrowed it down to this silver victory coupe (#23) grey wheels.... what should i expect???
Is there any common issues with these gransports?
Should i lower it? Is it better to wait for the NEW Coupe?

Overall the car is a badass, it's loud, sporty, reminds me of a Stradale.(stripped down)
Yes I am losing sleep over this.

THANKS.
Knick

·
Registered
824 Posts
MrTheKid said:
i
I have driven the Vantage, a 911, a Z06, an M6 and a few others... I enjoy excluisivity very much.
Well that rules out the 911 and Z06.

I wouldn't. I got the impression from the dealer the MCV suspension was slightly different to the GS (can someone confirm?) I always say if the mfr went to the trouble to tune the suspension, why mess with it?

Yes I am losing sleep over this.
It is a nice car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
MrTheKid said:
I have driven the Vantage, a 911, a Z06, an M6 and a few others... I enjoy excluisivity very much. (snip)
Um, I wouldn't call any of those other than the Vantage "exclusive" (perhaps the M6), at least not around SoCal. I would advise waiting to at least see what the new Coupe looks like as it is only 3 weeks away.

·
Registered
74 Posts
victory

I wanted to buy the Victory.....liked some of the styling details. Though I never saw one in person, the only thing that made me a little nervous were those seats. They look fantastic, but they also look like a pain to get in and out of. Did you find them to be comfortable and accessible?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve said:
I wanted to buy the Victory.....liked some of the styling details. Though I never saw one in person, the only thing that made me a little nervous were those seats. They look fantastic, but they also look like a pain to get in and out of. Did you find them to be comfortable and accessible?
I am 5'9" 195 and i found the seats fit like a glove.

In paerson the Victory is amazing... today i am off to look at a Bentley GT Mulliner... who knows... maybe waiting a few weeks to see the new coupe is the best idea/news i have read today .....

cheers
kn

·
Registered
909 Posts
The Bentley's feel like tanks vs. the victory. So heavy they need the biggest production brakes to stop. Definitely fast, and smooth, but a different kind of sportiness than the Victory. The exhaust is pretty quiet and the back seats are Porsche 911 small. The suspension is a decent setup, and is basically the same as the Audi A8's. Flipping out a volkswagen key with a bentley symbol glued onto it is pretty f****n lame though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
MrTheKid said:
I am 5'9" 195 and i found the seats fit like a glove.

In paerson the Victory is amazing... today i am off to look at a Bentley GT Mulliner... who knows... maybe waiting a few weeks to see the new coupe is the best idea/news i have read today .....

cheers
kn

if a Bentley is in your range why not look at a F430 or a 575? I saw a Bentley at the mall and it didnt stand out even look "sporty" from what I gather if you want a 575 or 550 it all depends on the tanny. If you want a 6 speed go with the 550 and if you want F1 get the 575.

My fav Bentley is the Arange T.The 4 door tank :cool:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I LOVE my MCV (besides the time when the stupid dash failed).

The seats are actually what got me going in the first place. Remember there no other Mas with those seats (besides the MC12 obviously).

Dont lower it, you will have a hard time trying to safe that precious carbon fibre front lip. Plus the sports setting will lower the car slightly.

I will suggest you have a look at the new coupe but I dont think it will be as "badass" as the MCV. I much prefer the older design (but I will reserve my judgment on the new GS - but then god knows when that will come out).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts