Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Masi friends....this is more of a follow up from a thread a couple of weeks ago but wanted to give a quick update - bascially I bought an '04 CC Coupe from Foreign Cars Italia of Greensboro, (with a showroom in Charlotte,NC), back in Nov 08 and experienced a squealing noise in low gear shifts...bear in mind this car is out of warranty but also that I intentionally bought it from them, as opposed to a car off the net or at auction, b'c I'd always heard they have a stellar rep in the business for being honest good people that 100% stand behind what they sell.

When I first contacted them they sent a truck THE next day to my house to pick up the car...wow. They then returned it 2 days later having replaced the TO bearings at N/C. That did help but did not solve the problem completely so I called back and once again they sent a truck right back out at my convenience and this time they replaced the clutch and all bearings etc and related parts around it, again at N/C, AND to boot they threw in a $200.00 detail service for the inconvenience and all along the way the sales AND service rep keeping me posted and reassuring me to relax, they have it covered and it will be done right and promptly.

Just got it back tonight, again to my doorstep (in a covered trailer), and I've been driving around all night and wow...I had no idea what I have b'c it was fun before but now with the new clutch in place this car now behaves like a brand new vehicle.

*Thank you to everyone for the advice here on Masilife along the way, you guys were incredible not only with advice on this but also on the latest advice being posted on how to properly drive a CC...and thanks especially to Foreign Cars Italia, you've just earned yourself a lifetime customer and rest assured I am saving already for a GT someday to buy from you and I will tell all my friends about how well you understand what it means to earn business and keep it and make your Maserati customers very happy.

All dealerships should take note, this is your benchmark.

Scott

·
Registered
2004 Honda Inspire :-)
307 Posts
Great wirte up.....and your right dealers should take a lesson from these guys...thanks now i have another place to look for my Maserati purchase

·
Registered
581 Posts
Wish Naples Motor Sports were that helpful! Thanks for great write-up - know where to look for my next Italian now.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad this was helpful guys. I had a Porsche before this and the dealership in this area would always seem to cover everything EXCEPT what the actual problem was - and then they'd stick it to ya! Even on items they had worked on before - if something went wrong you could be assured it was almost covered...but not quite, chching chching....loved my 911 but the local dealer...not so much.

This car and the service behind it was most definitely a breath of fresh air so if you ever have a question or a need about a Masi call "Billy Johel" at Foreign Cars Italia, he might not be the piano man but he sure is a great dude and so is the dealership. And btw even if you're just in the area the Greensboro showroom, WOW forget about it!!! Unbelievable...check it out:

http://www.foreigncarsitalia.com/

S-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts