Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we paid the workshop a visit to finally lay our eyes on the car that we've configured about 7 months ago. It was the first time seeing the car in white and in Sport GT trim, so we were noticeably very anxious as well as excited to see how it turned out. Initial pictures sent by our sales exec weren't really flattering, which came at a little disappointment - nevertheless, those were low quality, small pictures - maybe seeing it in real life would make a difference.

Frankly, as I've said before, pictures don't do the Quattroporte justice. It looks way lower in real life, and you can really appreciate the curves of this car when natural light falls on it. I gasped a sigh of relief when I inspected the white - it's of a off-white nature, unlike what we saw in those pictures that appeared to be like 'toilet white'

The interior's beige was a little lighter than how it looked like in the online configurator, but it was what I expected. The piano wood turned out perfect, though now I'm cycling in my mind whether carbon fibre would have turned out better.

As for build quality, I was a little disappointed. Firstly, I saw some scratches in the chrome trim. Secondly, I saw some rubber trimmings in the interior running loose. Thirdly, the storage compartment at the front passenger's side didn't have a very good fit. However, at this stage the car hasn't gone through the in-house 'grooming' yet, they promised us that they will solve all these minor issues by time we collect the car. We had the opportunity to meet the technician who would be working on our car, and he said if he couldn't buff the scratches off the trim, they'll replace it for free. So far, service has been excellent but can't say for sure, because we haven't owned the car long enough yet.

Everything else seems to be in order. We're officially collecting the car on the 5th of January - for now, they'll be doing the grooming as well as waxing and polishing.

Here are some initial pictures (I'll take more when we get it officially):

Exterior

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love it!
I wonder how it would look in Bianco Fuki?
Where are you collecting it from, the factory?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maseratifan said:
I love it!
I wonder how it would look in Bianco Fuki?
Where are you collecting it from, the factory?
The car in your avatar is Bianco Fuki, right? We got the standard Bianco Eldorado, I guess the Fuki is a special order.

We are collecting it from our dealership. :cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
oops, typo...bianco fuji.
it is special order, about $4000 USD.
It is a stunnign white though.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Ummm, the car is beautiful! Gorgeous color combination and by far my favorite automobile. But... Either the camera was held backwards or the assemblers were drunk or something.... They put your steering wheel on the WRONG side!!!! DEMAND PERFECTION :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Ummm, the car is beautiful! Gorgeous color combination and by far my favorite automobile. But... Either the camera was held backwards or the assemblers were drunk or something.... They put your steering wheel on the WRONG side!!!! DEMAND PERFECTION :D
We're in the world of RHDs. :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
sweet! why didnt you just take the red loaner in the pics while you wait?:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Masher44 said:
sweet! why didnt you just take the red loaner in the pics while you wait?:D
That F430 is someone else's car, and I don't think they have any loaners available. Our market's too small. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
maseratifan said:
oops, typo...bianco fuji.
it is special order, about $4000 USD.
It is a stunnign white though.
Enjoy.
In Singapore the Fuji Bianco is an additional S$27000 (US$18k). I know coz I just inquired.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mr. M said:
Today we paid the workshop a visit to finally lay our eyes on the car that we've configured about 7 months ago. It was the first time seeing the car in white and in Sport GT trim, so we were noticeably very anxious as well as excited to see how it turned out. Initial pictures sent by our sales exec weren't really flattering, which came at a little disappointment - nevertheless, those were low quality, small pictures - maybe seeing it in real life would make a difference.

Frankly, as I've said before, pictures don't do the Quattroporte justice. It looks way lower in real life, and you can really appreciate the curves of this car when natural light falls on it. I gasped a sigh of relief when I inspected the white - it's of a off-white nature, unlike what we saw in those pictures that appeared to be like 'toilet white'

The interior's beige was a little lighter than how it looked like in the online configurator, but it was what I expected. The piano wood turned out perfect, though now I'm cycling in my mind whether carbon fibre would have turned out better.

As for build quality, I was a little disappointed. Firstly, I saw some scratches in the chrome trim. Secondly, I saw some rubber trimmings in the interior running loose. Thirdly, the storage compartment at the front passenger's side didn't have a very good fit. However, at this stage the car hasn't gone through the in-house 'grooming' yet, they promised us that they will solve all these minor issues by time we collect the car. We had the opportunity to meet the technician who would be working on our car, and he said if he couldn't buff the scratches off the trim, they'll replace it for free. So far, service has been excellent but can't say for sure, because we haven't owned the car long enough yet.

Everything else seems to be in order. We're officially collecting the car on the 5th of January - for now, they'll be doing the grooming as well as waxing and polishing./QUOTE]
Beautiful car!! Not many White QPs in Singapore.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Lung7707, it's great to see another Singaporean on this board! BTW how did you find out I was one?

Are you planning to get a Quattroporte? I'd hazard a guess that you drive a Maser now. :D

Damn, that colour option is real expensive, but then again, I guess it can be expected. We inquired about a white that has a more yellowish tinge, that was the same one on the MC12 (Bianco Fuji, maybe!) and it costs too much, we didn't go for it in the end.

I think there are only 2 other whites running in our streets.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mr. M said:
Hey Lung7707, it's great to see another Singaporean on this board! BTW how did you find out I was one?

Are you planning to get a Quattroporte? I'd hazard a guess that you drive a Maser now. :D

Congratulations on your white QP!
Knowing that you are a Singaporean is easy... the photo of the workshop is dead giveaway. Been a member of this site for the last 2 yrs...but don't drive a Maserati at the moment. Use to own a Gransport, but am in discussions for the Auto QP.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mr. M said:
Damn, that colour option is real expensive, but then again, I guess it can be expected. We inquired about a white that has a more yellowish tinge, that was the same one on the MC12 (Bianco Fuji, maybe!) and it costs too much, we didn't go for it in the end.

The only color I like is Fuji Bianco. Its actually Pearl White, which does change color at different angles... yellowish, silver, white, lots of shimmer.
I had that color on my GS before.

Two new colors are out for 2007.. Granito (like Ferrari Silverstone) and Blu Ocean (near midnite blue)... but they don't do anything for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah, so you've been a former Maserati owner. It's great that you're reviving your loyalty for the brand, it'll be exciting if we could meet up for GTGs by HSM!

The auto Quattroporte would be an excellent choice. In fact, my dad had a hard time swallowing the fact that he was getting DuoSelect... But after a while he sorted that the Quattroporte is a sports car, he should get DS. For luxury and smoothness he already has the VW Phaeton.

So I guess you're pretty set on Bianco Fuji? It'll be interesting to compare our two whites...

Our interior is just Cuoio Sella for both the carpet and seats, plus black for the dashboard. Our headliner is alcantara Cuoio Sella. :cool:

I wish you the best for your purchase!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ar ha... Haha... Good to see some fellow Singaporeans...
Lung is right... The workshop is a dead giveaway...
So Lung, just wondering if you were/are active in the maser/ferrari club?
I am hoping to join but heard that they are thinking of separating?

Anyway, nice ride Mr M. Great colour combination....

1 - 20 of 151 Posts