Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've given me permission to discuss some of our plans for the Maserati 4200 in 2007 and the direction we're going to be taking the aftermarket in.

A 500bhp kit (75rwhp increase over stock will be dyno-proven). This kit is estimated to cost less than $10k + installation or we can ship it out. It will be limited to 100 kits and the conversions will be called MVP500's and each car will be limited edition and have a # I.E. x/100. Inquire about these kits now to request a serial # as we already have serious interest in these.

Aftermarket exhaust manifolds

In 304 stainless steel with ceramic coating. Estimated price $2,200 or $2,500 with coating.

In 321 stainless steel with ceramic coating. Estimated price $2,950 or $3,250 with ceramic coating.

In Inconel - $10,500

Aftermarket cat-back Exhaust

Estimated cost $995. An affordable exhaust that's going to ACTUALLY be an exhaust and not just a $3,000 muffler.

Aftermarket Catalytic Converters - Estimated cost - $1,250/pair these will be 50 state legal catalytic converters that will flow much better than stock.

Test Pipes - $350 to delete catalytic converters, this will not be 50 state legal but will optimal for power.

In-House ECU Tuning - We will be doing different stages of ECU tuning based on your mods. I will be using my personal car as base and make a different map with different sets of modifications to make sure you're getting optimal power. Unlike Eurotek, Powerchip, and the rest of our competition we are going to be honest about the power our ECU's make and have dynos that will show the claims whether it's 10hp or 30hp. Estimated cost not determined yet, thinking a retail of $1,795 but will do a really low introduction price of $1,495.

Non skyhook springs by Formula Dynamics. I've heard awesome things about their skyhook springs and will be working with them to release their springs.

Nothing in store for the Quattroporte yet besides ECU but it is our next car to tackle once we finish the Gransport/Spyder/Coupe

So far we've received enormous interest in the MVP500 kit and positive feedback, I would like to get feedback, opinions, and suggestions from you guys on what we have plans for. Make suggestions on what we should release if you feel we are forgetting something.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sweet. If you need someone in the UK to drive this, drop me a PM.

Ed

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would certainly be interested in the 500bhp kit if I keep my Maser past the warranty period. I may keep it no matter what I do next, since it is such an awesome car, and the used market prices aren't very appealing to a seller (but awesome for a buyer!).
I'd definitely like to be kept in the loop on the kit.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
202 Posts
i like what i hear MVP...

it really sounds like you are serious and taking the correct steps to market and develop the product.

what about a "more power" switch like that other after market Exhaust (maybe even a dual tank setup for 100 octane)?

do you have plans for a supercharged / turbo version?

is there any reason why you are only doing 100 unit (other that to create demand)

any chance a hot blond that comes out of the glove box to please your every need ;) ?

OK, back to reality. are you developing a way to stop our newly 500hp boosted Maserati's(big brakes kit)?

congrats and keep us updated.

-willie

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
willie said:
what about a "more power" switch like that other after market Exhaust (maybe even a dual tank setup for 100 octane)?
We can make an exhaust similair to what Kreis-sieg does but not enough demand for it right now. As far as a dual tank setup for 100 octane I don't see the point because without forced induction or making major changes to the engine our cars will not benefit from 100 octane compared to 93.

do you have plans for a supercharged / turbo version?
Yes, turbochargers, this will be late 07 early 08. We will have 1 version of the kit which will be low boost and affordable, it'll be a 7-8psi kit so it will probably make between 600-650bhp and another that will go into the motor and transmission and reinforce everything for big boost, this will probably be a one-off or something rarely requested but an 850-1000hp set-up.

We will offer the conversions for turbocharging in-house because we want the tuning and installation to be done correct. If you don't want to ship your car out we can fly someone over there to do the conversion as long as a proper workshop with tools are provided.

Estimated cost for the low boost kit will be $10-12k and high boost around $30-40k depending on how customized we have to get and how many things will fail when tripling the horsepower of the car. I don't think turbocharged applications will be popular but I want to do at least 1 car so we can see how the Maserati responds to it for fun. It will not be a project that I will enter with a business mindset but more or less something for fun.

is there any reason why you are only doing 100 unit (other that to create demand)
Demand is good for us however our main reason for this is keeping the kit exclusive. We want to go with a similair approach as Saleen has done with Ford with limited production, we believe this will keep the value of the cars equipped with the kit above others. As you may know people at MVP are also interested in modifying their cars, one thing we've always hated is most of the money we put into modifications are lost whenever it comes time to sell. We feel that this will help the customer from a value perspective, they will be able to logically say I can increase the horsepower of my car to 500hp and when I sell my car I can recouperate some of my money back for this kit as it's a highly desired and limited production. Instead of being greedy and selling kits to whore the market out and leaving no resale value on these kits when you sell your car. If I sell 100 kits I'll be happy with the money I made and you'll be happy because you will have something very exclusive.

any chance a hot blond that comes out of the glove box to please your every need ;) ?
I can offer a hot blonde or I can offer a blonde midget that fits in the glove box, I cannot offer both. Please specify on which you want ;)

OK, back to reality. are you developing a way to stop our newly 500hp boosted Maserati's(big brakes kit)?
Are we developing a big brake kit? No and that's because I trust Brembo more than us, I can't say anything right now but a Brembo big brake kit will be available as an option on the MVP500 for a discounted price or we'll sell it at retail to customers interested, I'll let you guys know more info when Brembo lets me talk about it. We would design a big brake kit but it's pointless when the best brake company in the world has something in the works.

Hope that addresses all your questions and concerns.

Keep the feedback coming guys!

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gransport13 said:
I Am In 100 %. Ehxaust Mods Do Not Affect Warranty, So Let Me Know When I Can Purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're looking at Spring of 2007, probably March to be exact. We are investing about 3 months of research & development trying different set-ups out and doing all the dyno testing so we can be the first company in the Maserati market to prove that our modifications will actually increase horsepower on paper and not just "it feels like 10hp".

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The Trident said:
Put me on the list for the 500bhp kit and one blonde midget (joking about the midget, serious about the kit).
PM me your name, phone number, and a serial # you want to hold. So far #1, 16, 25, 50, 60,75, 78, and 100 are called for. The kits will be coming with a badge you can put on the car to replace the V8 emblem if you wish with an emblem that'll say.

"MVP500
x/100"

and a certificate claiming the kit is authentic with the serial # on it.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kevin,
maybe I am missing something, I see your list of header and exhaust options as well as tuning for the 75 hp kit, but what is the 55 hp component? Are the headers with tuning expected to make the 65 hp I am short of 500?

I hope it works out, If I am not bored with the car by then I would like to sign up.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robb373 said:
Kevin,
maybe I am missing something, I see your list of header and exhaust options as well as tuning for the 75 hp kit, but what is the 55 hp component? Are the headers with tuning expected to make the 65 hp I am short of 500?

I hope it works out, If I am not bored with the car by then I would like to sign up.
Robb,

The modifications in the kit have not been released yet, some components in the kit will ONLY be available for purchase with the kit, a few will be available seperately but we want to make sure it retains exclusivity. The details of the kit will be released January 6th. I can't name some of the components of the kit until we enter the R&D process.

Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bumping to the top in case any have not seen or have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to answer them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, first off, I want to introduce myself. My name is Brian and I represent GT PRO Performance Tuning in Fullerton CA.

We're one of MVP Eurosports dealers here in Orange County in sunny So. Cal. I just wanted to say, we're 100% behind Kevin and the MVP team on this project, and are here to help anyway we can. We will keep in the loop on this project and will be installing/supporting these kits here in So. Cal.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
MVP said:
Bumping to the top in case any have not seen or have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to answer them.
Kevin,

Are you guys addressing the extreme exhaust restriction between the headers and the pre-cats? If so how?

Thanks!

Buzz

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Kevin,

Are you guys addressing the extreme exhaust restriction between the headers and the pre-cats? If so how?

Thanks!

Buzz
Yes we are, as stated I cannot release any information until January when things are set in stone and the R&D stage begins. I will address your question in detail as soon as I can.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How about a cup holder for the Grandsport? Big market for you there with us older guys. I'll be buying GS in spring 08 spring and I will seriously miss the one in my Coupe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gavin01 said:
How about a cup holder for the Grandsport? Big market for you there with us older guys. I'll be buying GS in spring 08 spring and I will seriously miss the one in my Coupe.
Something I can definantly look into, will have to make some calls/e-mails and get back to you, should have some info after the holidays.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Kevin - related but unrelated opportunity for MVP or someone - is to offer up an extended warranty from a reliable 3rd party insurer...I'm certain you'd get quite a few takers, since Maserati does not seem to want the business...

·
Registered
2 Posts
RickBullotta said:
Kevin - related but unrelated opportunity for MVP or someone - is to offer up an extended warranty from a reliable 3rd party insurer...I'm certain you'd get quite a few takers, since Maserati does not seem to want the business...
This may be a good idea.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
RickBullotta said:
Already looked into it, to be licensed properly I'm looking at well over $1,000,000 , unless people wanted to base sending me thousands of dollars on trust. I know you guys trust me but I don't know if you trust me enough to send me that much money when I won't be licensed. Plus maybe your experience differs but my car is SOLID. At this rate I will be driving mne 40,000 miles/year and I had no major problems with either car. Why would you pay thousands of dollars a year for a few small potential problems?

IMO an extended warranty unless it costs less than $1,500 is not worth it and I gurantee you it will be much more then that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts