Maserati Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
The valet is definately responsible...thats why they have insurance (and I think some are bonded too?).

I can attest to a similar story I heard from a friend living in CHINA with a F430....he had a similar problem, took it to an upscale restaurant outside of Shanghai and the valet ended up accidentally backing it into a wall, must have hit the reverse lever accidentally.

He ended up recouping the costs for the bumper repair from the restaurant. If thats possible in a Communist country, then I'm sure the valet should be held liable for the damages on your car. If anything in a situation like this, kill them with kindness but politely threaten that you will just have to hand the matter over to your attorneys if they can't resolve it. That usually seems to do the trick! Since you're a Maserati driver, and not a "Honda Qualude" driver, I'm sure that adds a bit of legitimacy to you and seeing this thing through.

Best of luck!

(PS- I almost NEVER let valet's drive my car, if it was not an F1 maybe it'd be a different story)

· Registered
14 Posts
I valet parked my mas once, I had just got it and I was taking my girl out to the international plaza in Tampa so I figured what the heck. As we went to leave I said to my girl "I bet it takes a while" thinking the young kid would be puzzled at the CC trans. To my surprise he speeds up pops into neutral and steps out with a smile. I was impressed...until the ferrari 360 pulled in behind and I realised I was in Tampa and my car wasn't "that special"

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.