Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
625 Posts
....really good tips about calling ahead...for around town i just double the normal fee and give it in cash to the valet guy and have never had them do anything but smile, hold their hands out and give me prime real estate but for new years eve i stayed at a place that ony had valet so i summoned the main valet dude over, gave him a quick but thorough lesson AND a nice tip incomming and yet he still managed to pull the little plastic T piece off when putting the car in reverse...ugh! Still, after reading your story i know i got lucky with minimal damage b'c that's an ez enough fix but l sure learned my lesson and never again will i let a valet guy in my car - i will call ahead and if they don't offer self park even for a higher fee, i'll go somewhere else, just that simple!

· Registered
625 Posts
...wow Michael, that's some party life you have there! No VIP dignitaries at my gig, but a very lovely young lady....(didn't come with the car, but shortly thereafter)...does that count? Lol....I was at the Inn at Biltmore in Ashville, N.C. but there was a guy parking his brand new jet black Aston Martin directly behind me so I got a (false) sense of security thinking if he was gonna take the plunge so would I....oh well, live and learn right~

· Registered
625 Posts
....hopefully not offending anyone from straying too much off the valet thread subj here but i really think allot of this kind of thing has to do with just learning as much as we can on this awesome site, (so very greatful for all the helpful people here), and trying to avoid the unknowns relative to valet, et al. if you're comfy with valet then by all means indulge - i will avoid in the future at all costs.

the rest relative to vandalism and door dings, etc...to me is just realizing what a privilage it is to own a brand like this but also making sure it's not in someone's face. personally, i park away, but never in the way, never take two parking spots but just far enough out where there a more then a few extras and blend as much as possible amongst the other vehicles. don't wanna jinx myself but i've almost always had luxury brands, BMr's really hot Porsche's with all the bells, (admittedly none of Masi stature), and have never had one vandalized....just be cool, have fun, Masis are a def a premium to be seen and enjoyed by all but it's really the drivers that make the difference in the attitude.

One man's opinion.

S-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.