Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and drove my coupe gt nose over the curb, then the idiot got it in reverse and dragged the nose off the curb. The gracious restaurant comp'd my dessert.
Amazing........the lack fo care and/or service these days.
I got a free $10 dessert and will get to argue all day tomorrow with the "outsourced" valet service and will likely end up footing the bill to have the lower spoiler painted.........
Adding insult to injury, the whole car had been detailed/waxed/sealed 2 hours prior.....
is there no justice in the world?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Sorry to hear about the careless valet guy. Personally I would not let a valet person park a Honda Qualude, if I owned one. Hey fellahs reminds me of a story about 24 years ago when I drove a Mercury Grand Marquis (yes I know, I was sick in the head then) to a restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale and gave it to the valet guy. After dinner I handed in my stub and waited what seemd ages to get my car back. Eventually it came and I drove 20 minutes home (with a hot date). Got home and could not open the garage door with the Homelink.

It was only then that I found out that the valet jerk had given me someone elses Mercury. I called the restaurant and had them bring me my own car back and gave them the other guys back in return. I bet the other guy was pissed as heck!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
never use valets. my methods to avoid issues:
1. call ahead to confirm that you can "self-park" in the front. i still tip big to the valet boys to keep an eye on things.
2. choose restaurants you know will let you self-park (living in a decent size city will help)
3. take another car if you know you'll be valeting
4. if you need to take the Mas, and valet is the only option out front, .... drop off the date and self park it in a garage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess i

have learned a hard lesson.
needless to say my dinner was not too enjoyable.......
ill keep you all posted on the valet service's response.
i am sure it will not go well.
luckily i have a witness and the manager of the restaurant is willing to confirm the damage.

·
Registered
624 Posts
....really good tips about calling ahead...for around town i just double the normal fee and give it in cash to the valet guy and have never had them do anything but smile, hold their hands out and give me prime real estate but for new years eve i stayed at a place that ony had valet so i summoned the main valet dude over, gave him a quick but thorough lesson AND a nice tip incomming and yet he still managed to pull the little plastic T piece off when putting the car in reverse...ugh! Still, after reading your story i know i got lucky with minimal damage b'c that's an ez enough fix but l sure learned my lesson and never again will i let a valet guy in my car - i will call ahead and if they don't offer self park even for a higher fee, i'll go somewhere else, just that simple!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I remember that a couple of years ago my wife and I went to a charity event at a hotel in Estero, FL where the elder President Bush, Barbara Bush, Mary Matlin et al were present so the security was very tight and everyone had to valet park. In those good old days I was driving a DB9 Volante and there was no way I was letting anyone park it for me. I pulled up to a space before the front entrance to the hotel, parked it and then gave the valet guy a very nice parking "fee" and he was cool with that so I was able to leave it there all evening.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
624 Posts
...wow Michael, that's some party life you have there! No VIP dignitaries at my gig, but a very lovely young lady....(didn't come with the car, but shortly thereafter)...does that count? Lol....I was at the Inn at Biltmore in Ashville, N.C. but there was a guy parking his brand new jet black Aston Martin directly behind me so I got a (false) sense of security thinking if he was gonna take the plunge so would I....oh well, live and learn right~

·
Registered
35 Posts
have learned a hard lesson.
needless to say my dinner was not too enjoyable.......
ill keep you all posted on the valet service's response.
i am sure it will not go well.
luckily i have a witness and the manager of the restaurant is willing to confirm the damage.
You are not alone in this ... I've learned the hard way too - just not to the extent that you had to; found my car nose to nose on a BMW, I was super angry!
Even in the valet capital of the US, Las Vegas, they didn't know how to put my car in reverse. After waiting for about 5 mins, I walked to my car & showed the guy, for future Mas drivers! ;) I hope it all ends well for you!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I ask them if they know hot to get it in REVERSE?

Every nice restaurant we go to I ask the Valet,"do you know how to get this car in reverse"...then I pause and scare them with..." don't lie, I just finished suing the last restaurant we went to"....they either know to pull up on the collar or I tell them...;) dogdoc

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all

We live in a pretty upscale part of Virginia outside DC and the restaurant was pretty upscale (newt gingrich was at the table next to us) and there are a lot of masers in the area- I just guess that most of them are not manuals!
I do not feel that I will valet again- ever unless the situation is dire!

·
Registered
97 Posts
no shame...

Most of the time valet works out ok.
But, we all know there are those who envy and cannot help but act on this envy by damaging property.
Same people that key cars after getting off of a public bus.
I guess this provides them with some sort of consolation.
I think this is pretty pathetic but people are people and not all people have dignity.

I go out of my way to avoid situations like this.
Easier living in Saint Louis.

But when it does happen (I had my Black 997 turbo keyed a few days ago.. minor... ) I figure, not much I can do now. Go on with the beautiful day. Don't want to give the poor bastards the benefit by having a messed up day.(that's what they really want).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you are completely right

and i agree
The maser is important but in the grand scheme of things.....not that important
i actually backed the car out today and jacked it up and took a look under the car.
the damage is actually fairly minor- mostly some scrape but not too noticeable unless under the car
i guess in that sense i was lucky.
i will call the valet and see if they will do the responsible thing but they will probably not.
at then end of the day ill probably call it bygones.

·
Registered
624 Posts
....hopefully not offending anyone from straying too much off the valet thread subj here but i really think allot of this kind of thing has to do with just learning as much as we can on this awesome site, (so very greatful for all the helpful people here), and trying to avoid the unknowns relative to valet, et al. if you're comfy with valet then by all means indulge - i will avoid in the future at all costs.

the rest relative to vandalism and door dings, etc...to me is just realizing what a privilage it is to own a brand like this but also making sure it's not in someone's face. personally, i park away, but never in the way, never take two parking spots but just far enough out where there a more then a few extras and blend as much as possible amongst the other vehicles. don't wanna jinx myself but i've almost always had luxury brands, BMr's really hot Porsche's with all the bells, (admittedly none of Masi stature), and have never had one vandalized....just be cool, have fun, Masis are a def a premium to be seen and enjoyed by all but it's really the drivers that make the difference in the attitude.

One man's opinion.

S-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts