Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
location..location

This place is atleast 10cents more than any other gas station in the area. He happens to be only one on this side of the street within 2 miles.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Does anyone know if Masers are ok with e90 (ie up to 10% ethanol?). It is about $.75 a gallon less expensive here for the same octane rating.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Does anyone know if Masers are ok with e90 (ie up to 10% ethanol?). It is about $.75 a gallon less expensive here for the same octane rating.
There is no E90 in the states - that would mean 90% ethanol and 10%(or less) gasoline. However, I know what you meant. :)

The car better run on gasoline with 10% ethanol, as California will (or already has) moved from 5.7% to 10% ethanol as a replacement for outlawed MTBE additives.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Doodlebug, I was thinking the same thing! basically a hundred quid to fill her up these days & looks like it's going to get worse...

·
Registered
333 Posts
All fill-ups sound tiny when compared to one for the boat after a day's fishing...
250 gallons @ $5.00 ea. = $1,250.00 for a day of fun on the water... talk about big bucks!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I shudder to think of just how high the price will be in a few more months. I am guessing many family's that would typically go on a vacation during the summer. Will not be able to do so this year. =(

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
491 Posts
We in US should still be thankful for paying $4.xx / gallon. Our european buddies are paying closer to $8.xx / gallon.

On my last trip, our rental car Alfa 147 or similar (turned out to be a Renault Scenic 1.5d) consumed 68 euros for half tank of deisel...

Everytime I fill up, I think about friends in europe, then tell myself, we are doing okey.

Smile, and enjoy the drive

·
Registered
105 Posts
What really chaps my @ss (in addition to having two 50 litre tanks to fill on the Ghibli) is that the government conned everyone into buying diesel cars with lower fuel cost, better MPG and lower emmisions (apparently). Now they've got half the country running around in clattering oil burners and they're selling more diesel is than ever and the price for diesel is about 5-10%more than Petrol.

I only complain coz I've got a diesel van to run. Oooohh! that baby's sweet, especially on the weekend runs to the tip and transporting their [email protected] around for every member of the family who decides they've got a wardrobe to shift or a tree to cut down. :mad:

·
Registered
744 Posts
You're kidding right?

In Calgary, we are at $5.03 per gallon for 91 octane. Thankfully, Maseratis are real fuel misers :D
I live in Calgary too so I know all about $100 fill ups. As far as fuel economy is concerned, the car is definately not for the meek. Mine uses about 1/3 tank per hour when driving hard.

It's still worth more than $35/hr in entertainment value though!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts