Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have owned and restored a Khamsin for the last 16 years. I have also done may upgrade mods
Radiator
Air Con
Electric Headlights
I am anterested in chatting to other owners from around the world.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Welcome to Maserati Life. Your car looks amazing and the job you've done restoring it is top notch, good job!

·
Registered
773 Posts
hi! you'all

there is one around lexington ky somewhere i will try to contact the man. you have a real special car love the effort of your end result. welcome

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome fellow Khamsin owner. Your car looks get, have you listed on the Khamsin Registry?

Joe
Khamsin # 1226
Ghibli # 2110
Mistral # 1216
Bora # 1046

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Khamsin Register

Yes I believe I have.

If any is at all interested I restored this car my self excluding paint and trim full mechanical and now hydraulics. I have also fitted electric headlights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Khamsin owner in UK

Hi,

Came across this forum by accident yesterday (had been a member of the UK version) and just had to join to look at the pictures of your car. You've done a great job. I've been an owner for nearly 4 years of chassis 433 and have been carrying out a few jobs to get it useable. Would be really interested in your experiences and anything I can share in terms of my limited ownership.

I must admit that due to work I have hardly used the car in and have concerns as to if I have issues with heads as I do have a minor overheating problem to overcome.

I'll post some more as soon as I can as I have a load of questions like what the red button on the dash is for?

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for being slack in replying

More than happy to offer any help.
There doesnt seem to be much activity on this site. there is a massive thread on the Ferrari Chat site dedicated to Khamsins.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in. I've got a built 75 registered 77 Khamsin with only 13,000 miles on it back in Michigan. I'm living near Dubai now. Does anyone have the Citroen part numbers for the spheres? I would like to drive the car next summer and the spheres are likely the main problem. Thanks.

dan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in. I've got a built 75 registered 77 Khamsin with only 13,000 miles on it back in Michigan. I'm living near Dubai now. Does anyone have the Citroen part numbers for the spheres? I would like to drive the car next summer and the spheres are likely the main problem. Thanks.

dan
Dan,

The two brakes accumulators get rebuilt while the main sphere is replaced. I recommend you do this at least once every 5 to 10 years, and do all at once. Mileage is irrelevant as the Nitrogen leaks into the fluid over time. I can provide you names of where to get the accumulators rebuilt and find new spheres. Contact me when you get ready to do this.

Ivan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ivan:

Thanks for the tips. I hope to get to it this summer when I get back to Michigan. Are there Citroen replacement spheres available in US or Europe or?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Au- yt, based on your experience and knowledge. If someone wants to use Khamsin for long distance road trips (say 2000KM or so) 2 to 3 times a year , how should one prepare the Khamsin for that task? Assuming the engine and tranny are in good shape of course, and I am not open to engine swap etc.

These are stuff that I am debating:

1. New beefed up radiator coil, new hoses, new belts and new water pump. Should I power flush?
2. Breakerless ignition, new coil and wires. Shouldn't go for coil-over, right?
3. New fuel pump(s).
4. Modern alternator (the original is after 30+ yo)
5. New battery
6. Replace all fuses.
7. New AC compressor.
8. New shocks, bushings etc.
9. Service Citroen pneumatic and replace whatever necessary.

Or is the khamsin simply too old?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey Au- yt, based on your experience and knowledge. If someone wants to use Khamsin for long distance road trips (say 2000KM or so) 2 to 3 times a year , how should one prepare the Khamsin for that task? Assuming the engine and tranny are in good shape of course, and I am not open to engine swap etc.

These are stuff that I am debating:

1. New beefed up radiator coil, new hoses, new belts and new water pump. Should I power flush?
2. Breakerless ignition, new coil and wires. Shouldn't go for coil-over, right?
3. New fuel pump(s).
4. Modern alternator (the original is after 30+ yo)
5. New battery
6. Replace all fuses.
7. New AC compressor.
8. New shocks, bushings etc.
9. Service Citroen pneumatic and replace whatever necessary.

Or is the khamsin simply too old?
1) Keeping engine cool is obviously a plus.
2) Khamsin does not have points. Replacing the wires is probably a good idea.
3) One of the Bendix fuel pumps on Ghibli just went after 42 years.
4) Khamsin never really had an issue with the alternator, just make sure the one in the car is good.
5) Battery is a bit of pain in the ass to change in the Khamsin
6) Khamsins always had pretty good AC, biggest problem is freon type
7) Wouldn't hurt
9) a must

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any other recommendations to enhance the use of Khamsin as a long distance tourer? By the way, in case of an auto, the pneumatic is only used for brake, seats and headlights?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Any other recommendations to enhance the use of Khamsin as a long distance tourer? By the way, in case of an auto, the pneumatic is only used for brake, seats and headlights?
Steering as well.

·
Registered
517 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts