Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if any of you has the car covered offered on sale on the maserati store... I'm looking for a cover to protect the car from dust while I'm traveling and would like to have something stylish rather than the generic types offered on ebay, but i'm worried the cover from maserati could be just a piece of expensive kit that would need protection itself... ;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the official factory cover for my QP. It's the typical high end fitted indoor type cover - flannel on the underside. I think for the QP it only came in a light bue color; however, there might be other options.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the cover for my car. However, they really recommend that the cover be used indoors or only when the weather is nice if you use it outdoors. I don't think it would hold up to rain very well, especially since its flannel on the inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Maserati cover purchased in 2004 for use on my coupe. It is royal blue, all nylon, and is a stretch fit. A Maserati emblem is on the hood portion of the cover. I use it indoors and I would not recommend it for outdoor use. Check with the Maserati dealer to see what they say.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
as other mentioned, the factory one fits extremely well and is for indoor use only.
be careful of what you buy on ebay. make sure it is custom fitted to your maserati instead of some generic type that is one size fit all.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have used a cover on two cars (one was my Maser) and I strongly advise against it. Unless the car and the cover are both absolutely spotless (unlikely), the cover just grinds the remaining dust and dirt in to the paint and ends up scratching it. IMO - Covers are impractical unless the car is a garage queen.

Unless the car is outside and really exposed to the severe elements, I suggest that you let the dust settle on it and simply wash more frequently.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I agree with flashgordon. When folding the cover the dust get inside it and when you cover the car again it gets between the cover and the paint. The cover will get so dirty at some point that it will actually get the car dirty. That's why I stopped using it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts