Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following some threads on Jaeger and tachometers. Still not sure I understand if it is the watch maker or as some one suggested a British guage manufacturer whose dials are found on some of our cars.

Regardless, as the Maserati clock with its oval shape is a unique feature found still on todays cars, I thought it would be interesting to learn of its history. Does anyone know from whence it came?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Jaeger Le Coulture is the manufacturer of the dash dials...

In regards to the clock... They didnt have digital clocks back then, so they decided to use analog clocks. Since Italian auto makers hate technology (for example: the maserati still uses green antifreeze...), they used it as an excuse.

;]

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But who made them?

Jaeger Le Coulture is the manufacturer of the dash dials...

In regards to the clock... They didnt have digital clocks back then, so they decided to use analog clocks. Since Italian auto makers hate technology (for example: the maserati still uses green antifreeze...), they used it as an excuse.;]
That explains the lack of iPod connectivity today, but who made the clocks back then? Did they or was it produced elsewhere? Is there a story behind them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.