Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentleman,
I ordered my FD BBK and FD Springs today! I am so excited :D My car is sitting at FMCJ waiting for her upgrades... The suspence is killing me. It has only been about a half hour since I got off the phone with Jeff... hahaha I just had to share this. Kind of a useless post but I have no one else around me that would care about it... hahaha :Tombo:

Kev

·
Registered
455 Posts
I did the springs recently. You will enjoy the upgrade. It really transforms the car in a great way.

The only thing you need to remember is the height reduction will require going very slow over speed bumps. It's not a good feeling when you take one too fast and Ive found I need to enter and exit driveway aprons with more care/slower.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
That's awesome man! You're always welcome to share your none sense with us, I did the same with my BiTurbo project!!

You're really going to be pleased with the changes, congrats!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Greg, thanks ECS,
I really can't wait..

Greg, thanks for the tip, I will be careful, I already am anal about inclines and bumps, but now I have to be more concerned.

ECS,
I think so too! I have to check out the Biturbo project

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
how much is a difference is there in the ride when changing the springs in sport and non sport mode. sometimes when im crusing the interstate i turn sport off. and is changing the springs mainly for track or is it good for street to.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Question Lorenz! I will find out soon enough! Greg?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lorenz- the springs make the suspension much better for sporty driving in the street. The stock ones are huge compared to Jeffs. And then you'll want to get the sway bars, and spacers. And the car will drive like its on rails. It is fine now, but I can't go back to stock after this. It handles so much better and is like a scalpel on turns, amazing. I think one of the single best upgrades is the Big Brake Kit from Jeff. This thing makes the car stop on a friggin dime, no questions asked.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: The parts are in and she goes under "the knife" tomorrow... :autofahrer:

·
Registered
431 Posts
FD Springs install

Has anyone done a write up and pics for a DIY job? My mechanic says that you could just compress the springs by turning the adjustment, whats the deal here?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
633 Posts
good luck Kev. Its going to look great dropped an inch as well. Looking forward to the report.

·
Registered
996 Posts
waiting patiently for results Kev! :)

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
007 awhile back someone in the forum here told me specificaly not to do that. that it will cause the car to be all over the road. which i dont understand. cause why is the adjustment there

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The suspense is killing me haha I might not be able to pick it up until next week! Ugh! I haven't heard anything from the shop yet.... HURRY UP!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So got an update today, due to the 458 recall FMCJ has not finished my springs! My luck! It is going to be done til Tuesday! 2 weeks from drop off! Ugh

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know I know, I have some friends that have them on order, they are freaking out!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ya simple fix from what it sounds like! But it needs to be done and ASAP Ferrari cant get a bad rap for like something this.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Agreed Cmaser,
Thank God no one has been hurt! Now fix the mistake and give me my car ready, I missed an amazing weekend here in NJ!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still waiting.... :argh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts