Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been lusting after a GT since seeing pics of the car several months ago. Last weekend my wife and I stopped by to see our friend Lawrence at Foriegn Cars in Greensboro and placed an order for a May build. It's Granito Gray with black leather and has red stitching. Wheels are going to be the dark gray. We are also going to take all the chrome off and paint it either body color or satin black depending on where it goes.

With that said, anyone interested in a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged? It's black/black smooth leather with 20" wheels and rear seat entertainment system. Currently has 2025 miles on it and has had no mechanical issuesl to speak of. It's an awesome RRSC in like new condition. You can see it on eBay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-RRSC-Rear-DVD-Black-Black-best-color-still-new_W0QQitemZ160217832027QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6295QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry, not in market for a RR.. but

how much for the house... ? (smile)

nice digs....... is the house old or reproduction ?

I am also waiting (painfully) for a GT (black / beige) April build , May deliver... I was itching a little to change to the "S" car but I got over it.... Had to remind myself why I was attracted to Maser GT in the first place... and that is the "comfort of a touring car" ... plenty fast for my needs.... need to cool my pill on the S and keep telling myself that..... ha

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts

I am also waiting (painfully) for a GT (black / beige) April build , May deliver... I was itching a little to change to the "S" car but I got over it.... Had to remind myself why I was attracted to Maser GT in the first place... and that is the "comfort of a touring car" ... plenty fast for my needs.... need to cool my pill on the S and keep telling myself that..... ha
Mate, I had a couple of test drives of the GT and I can assure you it's got plenty of power :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mate, I had a couple of test drives of the GT and I can assure you it's got plenty of power :)
100% agree - Yesterday I did 660 km, something like 400 miles, with my two sons in less than 5 hours, no kidding, but German Autobahn, ::)) the GT was just great - power? never was an issue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
CZMan--
I too have been flirting with placing an order with Foreign Cars of Greensboro. Did you get a chance to see the granito GT they just got in? Very nice looking color in person I must say. I have been dealing with Mark and trying to decide on putting some $ down to secure a GT-S. Good luck with the sale of the Range Rover and please post pics when the GT arrives!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks Mates......

Thanks men, for responding.... I also test drove the GT but only for 20 mins... never past 60 mpg and not much "horsing"...... nice to hear others feel power is ok....... I am not a speed freak but when the car is "reviewed" on the web, power seems to be he only shortfall... (so say the experts) again... I just want to pass when needed in I95.... not driving at Indy...

jd
NJ

·
Registered
191 Posts
corrected above text......(sorry)

Thanks men, for responding.... I also test drove the GT but only for 20 mins... never past 60 mph and not much "horsing"...... nice to hear others feel power is ok....... I am not a speed freak but when the car is "reviewed" on the web, power seems to be he only shortfall... (so say the experts) again... I just want to pass when needed on the interstate........ won't be driving at Indy... thanks again......jd

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new here. The first 2008 shipment of GT-S will be here in Hong Kong within this month, however, there are total of 3 but since it all comes in Nero Cabonio and I have to wait for mine in Bordeaux Pontevecchio under the April production order and expecting it by mid May. The dealer here said they have to save most of their quota for the new 2 doors GT so only limited number of QP's will be alloted, but I doubt about it. There is still few 2007 QP's in stock and may be that's the reason they don't want to build up their stocks. Most of the QP's here are in silver or black, I can see more and more is on the road now and there are already 3 in the same parking lot where I go to work. Sometime I'll park besides it and take a good look at it. Can't wait to see mine to be here, time is just running too slow. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thnaks. The part of the house you see in the pictures was built in 1995 and the garages were built in 2003. It's a renovation of a 1939 1200 square foot single story which looked nothing like it does now. It's been an ongoing project.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
CZMan--
I too have been flirting with placing an order with Foreign Cars of Greensboro. Did you get a chance to see the granito GT they just got in? Very nice looking color in person I must say. I have been dealing with Mark and trying to decide on putting some $ down to secure a GT-S. Good luck with the sale of the Range Rover and please post pics when the GT arrives!
I did not see the granito GT. Our salesman Bill was supposed to call us when it came in so we could go up and look at it and drive it. We were told that the GT S would not be available in the US until early 2009. We're supposed to be first on the list when the GT S can be ordered.....

I'll post pics when it comes in.

[edit] - I just talked to our salesman and he said the Granito GT is not in yet. Perhaps this next week. He also said it has been sold (was available as of last weekend).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts