Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Umm...when I saw the picture, I am worry. It looks like the A pillar is not quite strong. Is it a spider or coupe? The car drop from 2 meters, the A piller should not deform that much. Do the 4200 have stronger A pillar? I am so afraid about rollover accident. If it were Merc or BMW, the A piller will not look so bad as that one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If a Merc or BMW are dropped on its roof from 2 meters (roughly 6 feet) the A-pillar will look like that. Roll-overs are never fun, but I would assume you are just as save in a Maser as in the other premium marques.

Anyway I agree heads would roll ....

·
Registered
530 Posts
I read somewhere else the sister is a former Miss New Zealand... the one that pissed off the Prime Minister by refusing to participate in a Miss Universe contest that was scheduled in some nation placing a low value on women's rights. Sounds like a thoiughtful and responsible type. I'd have no problem leaving my $100k car with her :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
QPIE003 said:
If a Merc or BMW are dropped on its roof from 2 meters (roughly 6 feet) the A-pillar will look like that. Roll-overs are never fun, but I would assume you are just as save in a Maser as in the other premium marques.

Anyway I agree heads would roll ....
Just saw another picture. It is a coupe and not look as bad as in the first picture. It look like the impact is mostly on one of the A pillar.

http://yahoo.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?articleID=22704

Safety is one reason that I choose coupe over the spider. I saw a lot of test on Merc and BMW, They do not perform drop test like this but the do the rollover test which is quite extreme. Other than limited production cars(Enzo,Carera GT,high end Exotics..etc), I do believe that the safety of the Merc and BMW are generally the best in the world. I hope that our Maserati are the same but never see any test result except this one..LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts