Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a used 2005 CC one year ago today that had 6,075 miles on the odometer. Today I'm celebrating one year of ownership of a terrific car that I've used as a daily driver (added 8,600 miles) in an area of the US that is NOT daily driver friendly (Washington DC area). This car has come up aces! Last week I had the annual oil/filter change and a stage 2 detailing, but other than that, I've had no maintenance expenses (the computer that controls the low-beam headlights had to be replaced, but that was covered by warranty). Allegedly, there is 51% clutch-wear left, but from other posts on this forum, it sounds like that's only an educated guess on the dealerships part...

The smiles this car has put on people's faces are uncountable. I've worked at a secure facility for 10 years, and it's only been in the last year that the guards at the gate actually know my name and jockey for position to check my badge! And there are a lot of high-end BMW's, Mercedes, Porsches, Jaguars, etc... in our garages. One guard calls my CC "the King of cars".

My only other expense (besides gas:rolleyes:) was to put winter tires on last November (Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D's). With these tires on, I felt totally in control in sleet, slush, and light snow (we didn't have any heavy snowfalls here last winter, so I don't how they'd do in the deep stuff). I can tell you that I drove to work in my CC everyday except one where we had an ice storm. I was going to drive in, but my wife suggested since school was closed I ought to use my daughter's Camry. She said she wasn't worried about me losing control, she was worried that somebody would run into me. So I agreed - and almost put the Camry into the back of an SUV (my bride of 27 years is both beautiful AND intelligent).

The only thing that I think would improve my daily drive is the EDBW that FD offers - my only annoyance is the take-off lag in 1st (after 1st it's OK). My warranty runs through 2010 (5 year extended) and I don't want to risk Maserati putting the blocks to me and denying a claim for having installed an after-market product. I'm hoping good things come to those that wait!

I only recently found this forum and am totally impressed with both the quality of the content, and the goodwill expressed by all members even when there are disagreements of opinion. It's very refreshing to find such a site! Thanks for all your good commentary on Maseratis!

·
Registered
478 Posts
My anniversary is coming up at the end of the month, but I have to say the best thing about this car is how it makes everybody happy. Managed a bit over 5,000 miles, and that's with the car at home in NY while I'm in the UK for AT LEAST 50% of every month. Matter-of-fact, just got home last nite and am now headed out for a dawn raid on the roads!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Johnny....Tell me more about the extended warrantee. I have been watching the board for years about news on a Maserati extended warrantee and have yet to see anything about it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Certified Pre-Owned Extended Warranty

Johnny....Tell me more about the extended warrantee. I have been watching the board for years about news on a Maserati extended warrantee and have yet to see anything about it.
Maserati offers the option for an extended warranty if your car meets the criteria for inclusion in the "Maserati Trident Discoveries Certified Pre-Owned scheme". There is a brief write-up of the program on Maserati's website:

http://www.maserati.com/jsp/introSezioneMotortrack.jsp?menuKey=a9&category=/maserati/cars/pre_owned&BV_EngineID=ccccadeekjfdfffcefeceegdgikdgol.0&[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@

I bought my CC from the local Maserati dealer (Ferrari Maserati of Washington), and asked them about getting the extended warranty. They quoted their cost as upper-$3K ($3,800?), and said it extended the original warranty period from 4 years to 5 years. That sounded high to me, so I asked if the cars were unreliable breakdown-artists. My salesman (Augie Borges) to his credit said "no, but when something breaks it's almost always a big number".

What's the biggest repair bill anyone here has been hit with???

I negotiated a bottom-line price that in my mind allowed about $2,500 for the extra year. I should mention, the extended warranty pushed the mileage limit up to 90,000 miles (which will not come into play since I'm under 15K with 1.5 years to go). I noticed the Maserati site references 90,000km (55,000 miles), but my paperwork shows 90,000 miles (again, neither limit affects me).

Hope this helps, John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks...great explanation. I never noticed it on their site. I am in the market to purchase another Maserati and will probably buy used this time. That will come in handy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts