Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Folks,

I am new to this forum and I must say upfront that I am pleasantly pleased with the wealth of information generated thus far. Okay, I am on the fence with a pending car deal:

2008 Maserati Quattroporte Exec GT, color: Bianco Fuji (pearl white) w/Run flat tires as options; No rear heating system for back seats..Is that critical?

Is a figure between $105K - $113K reasonable? or Am I getting raked over the coals? MSRP is $139K

At what mileage/month interval is recommended for the 1st and subsequent maintenance services? Could someone list what is typically done in the 1st and subsequent maintenance services?

Humbly, I request some expert advice on this one.:confused:

kSloan

·
Registered
28 Posts
On the fence Quattroporte..

With the new facelift coming out in 09 with the 4.7 motor,i would offer 105K max,in 2 years you will not be able to get more than 70k for it....just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your 2 cents...I was not aware of the motor going to a 4.7L in '09.

Please folks any additonal advice would be greatly appreciative.

kSloan

·
Registered
793 Posts
---No rear heating system for back seats..Is that critical?
Only if you plan on driving from the rear in the winter!!!

Actually, I don't think so.

---run flats--
My experience with run flats is that they are very noisy, have weak side walls, and are not worth a damn! That was on a 530i BMW but would never deal with them again.

Replaced those with Michelin PS2's and it made an exceptional difference!

As to pricing, you have to use good common sense. The car market is in the toilet now. So, I'd hold out for a lower price as suggested, and plan on keeping it for a long time.

I can't say if the car will be valued at 50% +/- in 2 years as was suggested, but based upon the resale values of the prior models with the duoselect tranny that 50% figure could be accurate. Who knows? Look to see what 07 & 08 previously owned models are now selling. That might help.

The QP is a beautiful car although I opted not to buy one. For me there are other cars of greater interest (Bentley Spur) but the 12 cylinder engine consumption level concerns me with gas at nearly $5.00 here in Northern Calif.!

make a smart decision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can't comment on the price - don't know the market - but I can comment on the car; you will love it. I have a 2007 QP EGT and it is wonderful. Besides being beautiful and comfortable and fun to drive, it is a real head turner.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have an 08 EGT bordaux over Avorio/Bordaux/Mahogany I absloutly love the car...price was similar on the sticker to yours I paid right around 100k for mine

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really ($100K) the dealership is pushing the color Bianco fuji approx 8K paint as a major selling point. What they have communicated to me is that this particular color will never be offered again. Go figure? Have you completed any maintenance service on this vehicle NOT warranty stuff?

derekjp5/GCalo,
I did some research via ebay motors and noticed that '07s are going for 74K..WoW! a huge depreciation:mad:

kSloan
P.S. Any other advice is Welcomed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts