Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eh. Kind of reminds me of the Tesla S.
I disagree. In fact I just saw a Tesla on my way to the office. Bland styling in my opinion.

The pictures of the new AML are not close to how the Tesla looks. A lot more class, a front with a lot more power and elegance, a distinctive rear, ...: the new AML seems gorgeous based on these first pictures.

Looking forward to knowing more about this car, but...only the Middle-East would get it based on initial reports?

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Though I see one or two small similarities to the Tesla, it's a very different look. Sorry to say it but it appears bland to my eyes. Again, these photos show very little so that's not a viable opinion.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I wonder what's in that thing to justify the model designation. The old Lagonda had CRT monitors as dash displays, which I thought was just the coolest thing ever.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I disagree. In fact I just saw a Tesla on my way to the office. Bland styling in my opinion.

The pictures of the new AML are not close to how the Tesla looks. A lot more class, a front with a lot more power and elegance, a distinctive rear, ...: the new AML seems gorgeous based on these first pictures.

Looking forward to knowing more about this car, but...only the Middle-East would get it based on initial reports?
Yes, they are different, but both look a little bland/boring to me. Maybe better photos will reveal a lot more.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
I'd prefer to see one in person before passing judgment but based upon those photos I feel that it's one of the least inspired AM designs I've seen, reminiscent of so many other current cars. It's even tough to find a viewing angle where my mind says, "that's an Aston and it's beautiful" which is the case with nearly every other AM design. The jury is still out but it's looking like the verdict won't go in the Lagonda's favor.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I think it's a really ugly and heavy handed design. The car looks like an amalgam of several cars to me.

I think the front grille is ridiculously out of proportion (as are all of the newest AM's). Reminds me of several other current (average) cars.
The "hump" on the back is not very graceful, and actually from the B pillars back, it looks like the back end of one car (Cadillac?) stuck onto another car.
If you look straight on at the car, especially from the rear, the greenhouse is narrower than the bottom section of the car, which looks awkward to me and again looks like two different cars stuck together.

There are cars that I don't necessarily think are particularly nice looking, but I can usually find an angle which I think isn't so bad looking, but I struggle to find an angle on this car that looks remotely appealing to my eye.

Of course this all is just my opinion ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts