Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, what do you guys think?!

I just think these are ridiculous prices! :)

Maserati Quattroporte – Rs. 3 crore = $650K
Maserati GranTurismo – Rs. 4.75 crore = $750K
Maserati GranCabrio – Rs. 5 crore = $1 Million

The gas prices in India are $7/Gallon for Premium(power) & $5.85/gallon for regular(unleaded). Power and unleaded are quality terms used over there I guess.

Oh Christ! Oh Lord! Oh Krishna! Holy Cow! :D

PRHerald - Online News Distribution and Press Release Service - Maserati to drive into India in April

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Okay, what do you guys think?!]
If it is confirmed, it is absolutely ridiculous!! And why such prices??

Because of INSANELY HUGE TAXES (import tax, sales tax, ...) destroying the economy's potential and destroying people's dreams.

·
Registered
307 Posts
What's so strange about it. Base QP here in Indonesia is $550k in today's prices.

Import duty sucks. :)

Our gas is much cheaper though at $0.75/liter. Lucky to be an oil exporting country.

·
Registered
633 Posts
India has some of the highest import tariffs on autos. Think they use it to prop up Tata and the Ambassador (Australian '50s designed taxi cabs made in India). It's the leftovers of the Cold War. Also supposedly helps reduce capital flight by making it harder for the rich to buy 12 Rolls Royces instead of reinvesting in property.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Hey Briik - try to make it out for the DC meet on Aug 6th. If you missed the post (gottspd) I'll get it to you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yikes! I went to Delhi 2 yrs ago. I wouldn't drive a $650K car anywhere on those roads. Too scary, and no room for a wide car. And forget about paddle shift!
The roads around Bangalore were better. Some even as good as we are used to in the US, but this was a rarity.
Believe it or not, some people over there wouldn't bat an eye at the price. In India there is about 1 seriously rich person for every 100,000 seriously poor people.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yikes! I went to Delhi 2 yrs ago. I wouldn't drive a $650K car anywhere on those roads. Too scary, and no room for a wide car. And forget about paddle shift!
The roads around Bangalore were better. Some even as good as we are used to in the US, but this was a rarity.
Believe it or not, some people over there wouldn't bat an eye at the price. In India there is about 1 seriously rich person for every 100,000 seriously poor people.
No kidding, I was in Hyderabad in 2006 in the new S class. Didn't take more than 2 hours of driving before we hit something and lost a tire. However, people were very nice as they did not hit us and some even stopped and helped jack the car up! Also, there have been a few articles about touring India in Ferraris and Rolls, apparently the Ferraris there get some reinforcement in the chassis or suspension?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts