Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Omg! Someone Please help Benchmark Maserati in Birmingham Alabama learn how to change a freaking battery! They’ve had my car for a full 2 weeks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Are they trying to set a Benchmark for longest time to change a battery?

Many (not looking at you, Jason) Italian car shops take forever to do anything. I used to figure 6 weeks for a routine service at my independent mechanic in Portland for my old 308 Ferrari. I put up with it because he was a fabulous mechanic.

Once I had my car in his shop for some service. I just happened to be going to Portland (3 hours from me), and I called to ask if I could pick it up. He was flabbergasted. "I've only had it for 3 weeks. I'm not done taking it apart yet!"

Too bad he passed away.....

Hans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for the reply and laugh😂 (benchmark)lol they put changed it and it won’t start a more but the lights etc came on! I just want my car back. I have a video of the incident. It’s quite hilarious about their excuses

·
Registered
587 Posts
i'll start a wager pool:
parts acquired the wrong battery.
tech may not have paid attention.
connected + and - backwards.
blew entire battery positive fuse block.
waiting on part over the ocean from italy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they trying to set a Benchmark for longest time to change a battery?

Many (not looking at you, Jason) Italian car shops take forever to do anything. I used to figure 6 weeks for a routine service at my independent mechanic in Portland for my old 308 Ferrari. I put up with it because he was a fabulous mechanic.

Once I had my car in his shop for some service. I just happened to be going to Portland (3 hours from me), and I called to ask if I could pick it up. He was flabbergasted. "I've only had it for 3 weeks. I'm not done taking it apart yet!"
Hi. Thanks for the reply and laugh😂 (benchmark)lol they put changed it and it won’t start a more but the lights etc came on! I just want my car back. I have a video of the incident. It’s quite hilarious about their excuses

Too bad he passed away.....

Hans.
i'll start a wager pool:
Hi! The new battery was install. They told me my car was ready. I drove an hour to go get it and it didn’t start. It had a brand new battery in it. They tried another battery while I was there. Nothing. The car lights etc came on but it sounds like it does want to start. The tech said he just drove it last week and is befuddled
Thanks so much

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi! The new battery was install. They told me my car was ready. I drove an hour to go get it and it didn’t start. It had a brand new battery in it. They tried another battery while I was there. Nothing. The car lights etc came on but it sounds like it does want to start. The tech said he just drove it last week and is befuddled
Thanks so much

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so
Thanks so much
FYI Didn’t mean to post that emoji! Honest mistake
i'll start a wager pool:
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts