Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You know me, Mr. DIY'er!!!

I thought I would give you all a good laugh this morning... So me, the former mechanic, decided to drive the car to work today... Anyway, coming up the hill on 120th and Wadsworth I noticed some steam coming out of the hood. Anyway I shut the engine down, waited for the turn light to come on, fired up the car and then hauled butt to the next intersection and shut her down... The car never overheated, oil pressure was good, etc.. I checked the oil, no water in there at all, oil looked good, was just changed, etc...

Anyway I call the wife, she is sweet enough to bring me a few gallons of water and some tools. I start looking at things and somewhere on the back of the engine block is a water hose inlet/outlet and that is where it was leaking/pouring form. Anyway I put some water into the system and it ran out as fast as I could pour it in!!! Needless to say I wasn't going to fix it there, didn't want to tow it myself, so I said, "..ck it!" and called Ferrari/Maserati of Denver to come get it.....

I don't want to spend that kind of money but it gives me the chance to see how well the dealer will take care of you... I will keep you up to date on what happens... So far, really nice, they showed up in a covered truck and took my car, the gentleman was very nice, and I should hear from them sometime this afternoon. I also told him to go ahead and flush the CC and test the clutch since it was in there.. ( I left them my turkey baster just in case! : - ) ) Actually right now money is tight until July for me but that's why they invented credit cards...

Okay Dealers who post here, I am in your hands!!!!

I will let you all know how it goes... Call this a self funded experiment...

P.S. In looking online at Eurospares, don't have my service manual here, there is no water line around that part of the engine although there are freeze plugs in the bottom of the heads near there so I might have popped a freeze plug...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
15:30 and all is well...

No word from FOD yet... I am sure there are many in front of me... I sure do miss my car already!

·
Registered
660 Posts
No word from FOD yet... I am sure there are many in front of me... I sure do miss my car already!
Easy bud, easy... :D

Know the feeling. Cross fingers the dealer does not hit you badly on the pocket (I would not be concerned with the value of the spare, if it was a hose or a plug popping-out, but labor time... these cars are not service-friendly, if you see what I mean.) I do always remember the A/C actuator, a cheap spare but 5 hours labor. Luckily it was under warranty.

Keep us posted Mark.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well....

On page 411 of the service manual low and behold it's the water outlet for the heads and that is where I saw the water coming from... I think it's a blown hose on the drivers side, where I couldn't see it... Anyway I will drop FoD an email for grins....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John Yeuh from FoD just called....

It wasn't the hose but the water outlet itself on the drivers side that actually came out of the head... They are putting a new outlet in, a new thermostat as well which is perfect and it looks like about $560.00 for that part of it plus the trip down which was $168.00..

I have asked John to make me a new key, I only have one, so I have to get the documentation together tonight and email it to him... This is another $400.00 with programming but I was expecting that, better to have a new spare than push my car home...

Tomorrow they are going to throw it on the SD3 as well, tell me the amount of clutch wear, which should be okay as it only has about 6 to 8k on the clutch from what I was told when I bought it plus my mileage The clutch should be good, but if it isn't it's 8 hours + parts, something I am ready for if needed.... Better safe than sorry!

You know what??? I am a happy man so far!!! : - ) I will update the thread as I get more but so far, these guys are more than worth the money and they are very nice, friendly and honest!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update...

So the service manager John Y asked me for a copy of the title, my Colorado DL and the key code to make me a new key, says he needs to register it with MNA before they will issue a key which is nice... Anyway, I went from one end of my house to the other looking for that stupid key card code and after hours and hours of digging, complaining and near heart attack I finally found it exactly where I left it...

In my Ferrari leather bound diary right next to John's business card... Duh!!! Anyway, with a little luck, I get my baby back tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
It wasn't the hose but the water outlet itself on the drivers side that actually came out of the head... They are putting a new outlet in, a new thermostat as well which is perfect and it looks like about $560.00 for that part of it plus the trip down which was $168.00..

I have asked John to make me a new key, I only have one, so I have to get the documentation together tonight and email it to him... This is another $400.00 with programming but I was expecting that, better to have a new spare than push my car home...

Tomorrow they are going to throw it on the SD3 as well, tell me the amount of clutch wear, which should be okay as it only has about 6 to 8k on the clutch from what I was told when I bought it plus my mileage The clutch should be good, but if it isn't it's 8 hours + parts, something I am ready for if needed.... Better safe than sorry!

You know what??? I am a happy man so far!!! : - ) I will update the thread as I get more but so far, these guys are more than worth the money and they are very nice, friendly and honest!

Thanks for the comments, Mark. I would like to think our service department is one of the best out there but it's always great to hear from our clients that we are doing a good job :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wooooo Hoooooo

My car may be ready this afternoon before they close!!! I am like a kid in a candy store!!!! My right foot itches!!!

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
648 Posts
How do you go about replacing the key code ?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alrighty then!!!

So my car was done yesterday at 3:00pm!!! I drove down, picked up the car and drove it home the long way, the E470 express way, open roads and nobody there as it is a toll road around the city... Pushed it up to 145 just for fun once, had to let the poor boy in the Mustang know what a real car was! Ah, the itch on the right foot big toe is finally gone!!!

Anyway, I am very, very, happy with Ferrari of Denver. They were very careful, did a wonderful job, were in contact with me on the status at all times and I highly recommend them in the event you live here in the Colorado area and need service. John Yeuh is extremely knowledgeable, very nice, and the whole experience was very positive!!! I most definately will be going there for things I don't do myself, there is no question!

P.S. To get a new key code, take your title, drivers license and go visit your local dealer, or fax that info to them... That's the only way to get a new key code is via MNA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts