Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Now that my car is a true hostage of the Dealership, They now tell me it needs the following (parts pricing only no labor included):

CC console shifter knob $1850.
Digiteck "Chip" $1070
Clutch Assembly incl flywheel, throwout bearing and clutch disc $3600
Gasket around convertible top to seal @ windows $1850
Key $450 (without programming)
Spare Tire, Jack, Wrench, Compartment Cover $3200

Add around $3000 for labor and $10 for KY Jelly.

How much did I pay for this car? Dont ask. Any comments about this parts pricing? Where can I purchase the parts for less? Any Ideas?

Dont bother saying it, I already know Im screwed!

Not to mention the $1000 for the coolant, oil and brake flush in addition to above for a whopping grand total of $17K!

I CAN USE ANY ADVISE OUT THERE, AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR WHATEVER INPUT YOU HAVE!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Moltovino,

Not being impolite, but I would expect that you would already be aware of the local Ferrari/Maserati pricing as you own a Mondial.

Where does your Ferrari mechanic go to get parts, could be the same source would be available for Maserati?

Even though a Maser is half the price (and a lot less if bought used) than a F-car, it still has 90% the parts cost of a Ferrari.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Do yourself a huge favour look up www.eurospares.co.uk you can price most of your parts on their site they ship worldwide on a regular basis and the new parts are a lot cheaper than most dealers , ring them for any queries their very experienced with all italians supercars for over 20 years believe me you will save thousands from what you have been quoted .

My car a 4200 coupe was quoted for repair by the insurers £26,000.00 yes thats pounds not dollars, i repaired it myself with a friend at a parts cost of £3900.00 that included wings x 2 bonnet, screen, front and rear bumpers headlights x 2 side skirts x 2 side airbags and steering wheel and steering rack
so you will not be dissappointed i gaurantee. Seems to me yo buy your cars in the states is generally 20 to 30% cheaper than the uk but then it seems they sting you on parts check it out and talk to james pumo tell him craig-brown referred you. hope this helps and saves you a few bucks im sure it will

Regards lozcb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to inform you all that there is justice in being an educated shopper!

I did some shopping around, AT AUTHORIZED MASERATI DEALERS ONLY, and found that this dealer was charging me $4000 more for parts than any other dealer I priced. I only got pricing back from 5 dealers and have called 7.

It just goes to show that you need to let dealers know they are not going to screw you, flat out, and get away with it. I have no problem with them making a buck, or couple thousand, but not to the degree of stealing from me. Lets all let them know that we ARE educated customers. Maybe then they might actually be able to run honest businesses by pricing jobs appropriately and becoming more inviting for all of us Maserati owners to use their services more frequently. They are taking our money because too many people are letting them get away with it. Capitalism is great when it is not fraudulant. These guys lie!

They also lied to me about three of the parts, saying that they could not be purchased separately, and tried to charge me $1850 for a"one piece gasket" that was actually three separate pieces and I only needed one that could be purchased separately by any other US dealer for $345. Just parts. Absolute Lying Theives!

By the way, I would have gladly brought my car to my Ferrari mechanic in NJ but my Maserati is in Florida. I'm stuck trying to trust a bunch of theives down there!

Bottom Line, be educated when at the dealer and ask lots of questions. It's not being cheap, it's all about moral principal and for the better good of all Maserati Owners out there! Eventually, these guys WILL learn to respect us!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Parts Costs

Hello, I also had big problems with being overcharged. I ended up going to http://specializeditalianrecycling.com/maserati-parts.html and bought an F1 pump for $600 and a window regulator for $150. Both parts were perfect and worked great and came with a guarantee. I saved about $1800 from the dealer quotes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
:confused: Now that my car is a true hostage of the Dealership, They now tell me it needs the following (parts pricing only no labor included):

CC console shifter knob $1850.
Digiteck "Chip" $1070
Clutch Assembly incl flywheel, throwout bearing and clutch disc $3600
Gasket around convertible top to seal @ windows $1850
Key $450 (without programming)
Spare Tire, Jack, Wrench, Compartment Cover $3200

Add around $3000 for labor and $10 for KY Jelly.

How much did I pay for this car? Dont ask. Any comments about this parts pricing? Where can I purchase the parts for less? Any Ideas?

Dont bother saying it, I already know Im screwed!

Not to mention the $1000 for the coolant, oil and brake flush in addition to above for a whopping grand total of $17K!

I CAN USE ANY ADVISE OUT THERE, AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR WHATEVER INPUT YOU HAVE!!!
You would do all of your fellow Maseratisti a favor if you would tell us the name of the unscrupulous dealer who tried to gouge you for this repair work. Which dealer was it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts