Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

OK, I think we have found the GS we want.
Had a great time today test driving it. This was the 4th GS we have checked out.
This car seemed to have sharper steering...and the trans seemed to shift faster and smoother. (May of been in my head.)

Car has around 5k on the odo. He (obviously) doesn't drive it much..the car had an issue starting. Clicking, then started. Battery?

Next, the guy only drove the car in AUTO with the SPORT button pushed. He did have the clutch checked prior to our test drive and the Maserati dealer reports that the clutch is 41%. I assume this means its 41% used up...
but, I thought that I read the clutch is shot when it reaches 50%. I called the Maserati dealer and they were less then helpful. Please advise.

REALLY appreciate any help you guys can offer....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi,

OK, I think we have found the GS we want.
Had a great time today test driving it. This was the 4th GS we have checked out.
This car seemed to have sharper steering...and the trans seemed to shift faster and smoother. (May of been in my head.)

Car has around 5k on the odo. He (obviously) doesn't drive it much..the car had an issue starting. Clicking, then started. Battery?

Next, the guy only drove the car in AUTO with the SPORT button pushed. He did have the clutch checked prior to our test drive and the Maserati dealer reports that the clutch is 41%. I assume this means its 41% used up...
but, I thought that I read the clutch is shot when it reaches 50%. I called the Maserati dealer and they were less then helpful. Please advise.

REALLY appreciate any help you guys can offer....
Clutch is probably close to gone if he drove in auto all the time.
Personally can't understand why he'd do that, but to each their own.

What year,color, and such is it?
I just flew from Chicago to California yesterday to look at one. Was there and back on a plane home in less than 24hrs!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd certainly use the clutch as a negotiating tactic price wise. Is it still under warranty? Does it still have the original battery? They aren't that great unfortunately.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

The car is Red/ Tan....I am getting the VIN now. Did you look at a Red one....owner named James?

If this is the same car you looked at...PLEASE tell me what I am not seeing. I am literally about to wire him a depost....

Yes, OE battery. And, yes its got about 12 months left on the warranty.

I am very confused about the clutch....forgive me for not using the correct terms here....but, 41% used up should mean its got 60% ish left....yes/ no?

·
Registered
325 Posts
YES I HAD CALLED JAMES TOO STILL AWAITING FOR MY 06 GS COUPE FROM SEATTLE (snowed in) with 700 miles thought i paid too much @65k . But my car is new had it checked out by Kerry of MIE Seattle,James was asking 55k I believe a steal red/tan the color of my spyder, then he told me he always drove in auto thats probably a new clutch 5k right there plus shipping to Philly my car will be anniv blu black not a bad second choice. I would probably still pull the trigger on that one if I were you. Just have someone check it out even though it checks out on Autocheck.

06 qp sport
06 gs spyder
06 gs coupe (incoming)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bro...REALLY appreciate it.
We love the car. Really excited about it.
I am going to do the PPI tomorrow...but, not too worried.
If/ When we get this beast..will post the pics.

Don't think you paid too much, BTW. You are getting a new car...at a huge discount. What was the MSRP....$120s. You are paying HALF!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
325 Posts
James I don't know if that car has skyhook and zenon lights, if that matters to you. Also no big deal like my spyder the tan interior is beautiful except you do get a little sun glare, a small price to pay for such a beauty . I would like to have 4 masers in my stable. Am I nuts or what? Good Luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey,
The owner told me it had Skyhook and Xenons. I don't know how to confirm the skyhook....is there an easy way to tell?

I have the VIN, calling the dealer that did the clutch inspection tomorrow am...they might be able to help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
YES I HAD CALLED JAMES TOO STILL AWAITING FOR MY 06 GS COUPE FROM SEATTLE (snowed in) with 700 miles thought i paid too much @65k . But my car is new had it checked out by Kerry of MIE Seattle,James was asking 55k I believe a steal red/tan the color of my spyder, then he told me he always drove in auto thats probably a new clutch 5k right there plus shipping to Philly my car will be anniv blu black not a bad second choice. I would probably still pull the trigger on that one if I were you. Just have someone check it out even though it checks out on Autocheck.

06 qp sport
06 gs spyder
06 gs coupe (incoming)
You are STILL waiting on that car?? :confused:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes as a matter of fact my first payment is due. I am sure it will be worth the wait the car is brand new even the underbody, anyway it was 3 degrees in Philly. Takes about ten days from Seattle to algar near Philla. maybe I'll have it for spring. JC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Steve,

My advice is to take you time to find the perfect car. I was in no rush and waited 6 months to find the cleanest GS I could find. I had the car for 3 days and could not be happier so far.

I believe that if there is a Sport button that means the car has Skyhook. Non Skyhook cars have a Power button. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Steve - I am also in Manhattan. I have only seen two other GS's on the road. In the 3 days I've had it the response from other drivers has been tremendous - still not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. . .

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
Regarding the starting issue... Yes the car will click and the dash light will often flicker while this happens if the battery is low. This is not uncommon, of course you should test this theory by using a jump box or charging the battery if necessary. If you notice any real problems with the car, ask to have it sent in to the dealer under warranty to have them checked out BEFORE you buy the car. Once you have the report with a clean bill of health and a quality PPI performed, you're in good shape.

41% probably means that the clutch is more worn than it should be at 5K miles. If you confirm the car was driven in Auto mode, you can almost guarantee it. However the clutch life test from Maserati is known to be very unreliable so far as indicating the true remaining clutch life.

Good luck with the purchase!

·
Registered
727 Posts
have you seen that rosso 2006 gransport le on ebay with 4500 miles on her.

item#150321919455
sweet car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts