Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
569 Posts
I had the 2189 code after swapping the filter and not tightening the clamps well enough and also not inserting the small hose on the right deep enough - once I got that done the problem was sorted...

· Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
569 Posts
I have to say that after my recent air filter replacement my car is running like crap. I had no less than 4 or 5 Check Engine lights, all to do with poor mixture at idle, only at idle. On top of that when the car runs when I am stopped at a light the RPM fluctuates between 550 and 700 rpm at times feeling like the engine is either suffocating or it is going to stall. It doesn't obviously but it does feed the paranoia very well.

Could a filter be that bad or is it something else?

· Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
569 Posts
2 things...Not a fan of any kind of oil type filter...The oil tends to mess up the mass air flow sensors...That is why the factory uses paper...You need to make sure the boot is on correctly and little hose on the side is connected correctly...Jason
The little hose on the side is what concerns me - I am not really sure how far in it needs to be pushed in. The filter is just a standard paper filter not the oil type.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts