Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so at the last Cars and Coffee I noticed a drip under my car and after further inspection noticed the oil sump pan had a crack in it. Having called the dealer and confirmed part numbers I was able to get replacement much cheaper via Ricambi ($200 shipped vs $550 dealer). The manual showed it to be a simple drain and unbolt replace but I am having an issue with the clearance of the cross brace and removing the oil pan once unbolted and free. The manual shows the pan at a 45' angle and slide out but I am unable to get more than an inch away before it hits the oil pump inside. The manual mentions nothing beyond this simple step which has been verified with a Maserati technician as accurate for 13 GT MC (but he hasn't done one himself)

Has anyone replaced an oil sump pan? did you have to lift the engine?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
so at the last Cars and Coffee I noticed a drip under my car and after further inspection noticed the oil sump pan had a crack in it. Having called the dealer and confirmed part numbers I was able to get replacement much cheaper via Ricambi ($200 shipped vs $550 dealer). The manual showed it to be a simple drain and unbolt replace but I am having an issue with the clearance of the cross brace and removing the oil pan once unbolted and free. The manual shows the pan at a 45' angle and slide out but I am unable to get more than an inch away before it hits the oil pump inside. The manual mentions nothing beyond this simple step which has been verified with a Maserati technician as accurate for 13 GT MC (but he hasn't done one himself)

Has anyone replaced an oil sump pan? did you have to lift the engine?

Were you able to drop the pan without lowering the sub frame?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Were you able to drop the pan without lowering the sub frame?
no, like jason said the only two options are lower subframe or lift up the engine a bit. the oil pick up tube and shape of the oil pan prevent easy removal.
the procedure pictured is "correct", although missing that bit. the engine/pan/pickup/whatever used in making procedures is often outdated, early model, or pre-production. results in less than accurate procedures.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks the issue I had was a leaking oil level senor plug I was able to open the pan enough to remove the sensor and replace the worn o-ring without completely removing the pan and lowering the subframe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just done mine on driveway.1 put car on axle stands 2 take aluminium covers from around the two engine mounts 3 loosen the two nuts each side of engine mount. not the center nut .i forget socket size lol loosen nuts to almost the tops of there threads ,using a 3/8 flex head ratchet and the correct socket size , to jack the engine up i bought a mercedes sprinter bottle jack there nice and high on a piece of wood for safety stops slipping and bought a rubber jacking pad block for the top of the jack , it lifted the engine lovley a good inch ,undo the sensor clip drain oil with a hex sump plug adaptor undo the hex cap head screws 4 replace with a new gasket or and a new sump pan ,snug up all the screws and tighten working in an outward motion ,and i torque using common sense torque lol hope this helps and save uk 550.00 in labour costs 👍👍👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts