Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new in this forum and have a doubt.

I think that my maserati has the oil pressure too high 'cause the indicator marks 5bar and in the users gudie says that it has to be to 2.5bar (the needle to the half). What do you think about that?
I have a '05 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa.

Thanks to all

*If my english is not perfect is 'cause i'm from Barcelona

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told that thing to the mechanic and he says that there is no problem but i'm not sure 'cause the users guide says that the needle has to be to the half (2.5bar)

If everyone have the same oil pressure I deduce that this is correct pressure

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I need to check the owners' manual tonight, frankly I don't remember seeing that.

I hope someone else, with more technical knowledge, can post soon :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
this is a simply draw of the indicator
(\ l //)

the indicator goes from 0 to 5 bars and i think that, like other indicators, the needle has to be to the half. It's logical 'cause the needle has to be able to mark if you are exceeding the normal pressure or if you are under the normal pressure. If the correct position of the needle is on 5bar, it never can marks pressures plus high than 5bar:confused:

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
this is a simply draw of the indicator
(\ l //)

the indicator goes from 0 to 5 bars and i think that, like other indicators, the needle has to be to the half. It's logical 'cause the needle has to be able to mark if you are exceeding the normal pressure or if you are under the normal pressure. If the correct position of the needle is on 5bar, it never can marks pressures plus high than 5bar:confused:
Under load, all 4200's peg the needle all the way to the right - and stays there until you come off the gas.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Mine too, as soon as the car warms up the needle stays on the right side. 70psi for the US cars.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine too, as soon as the car warms up the needle stays on the right side. 70psi for the US cars.
not mine?! Center or a little less after warmed up at idle. Does not go to the right unless under acceleration.
Running Mobil1 0w40 Euro Formula.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I just got home from a ride and when stopped waiting for the gate opening I noticed the needle right in the middle. Maybe I was wrong, I probably only looked at it when accelerating and thought it was always on the left side.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine seems like it's always pointing at 70psi. I just got my coupe yesterday and was upset that this issue slipped through the PPI. I checked the owners manual and it states that the needle should be in the middle. I made an appointment at the local Maserati dealership this morning to have this looked at. After reading this thread, it looks like it may not actually be a problem and I feel so much better now!

I still need to get it in for a routine oil change though so I'll keep the appoint.

Thanks for the piece of mind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts