Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My name is Emil, and im pretty new on the forum and i really like it so far!
I have a 06 QP with 16k miles. Very good condition, i got a new air filter and when i went to change it i saw that the old air filter is full of oil.
So my question is, can i have some professional opinion on that?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi everyone! My name is Emil, and im pretty new on the forum and i really like it so far!
I have a 06 QP with 16k miles. Very good condition, i got a new air filter and when i went to change it i saw that the old air filter is full of oil.
So my question is, can i have some professional opinion on that?

If the old air filter is a stock Maserati or similar stock brand then you might be experiencing 'engine blow-by.' If you have an aftermarket filter such as a K&N filter, those do require a slight bit of oil to be applied to them before installation. If you think your old air filter is of the stock variety, i would check the Oil Vapour Separator and it's O-ring/Sealing Ring.
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 2.33.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 2.28.39 AM.png

·
Registered
721 Posts
This info is for a 2014 GT and i realize you have an '06 QP, but maybe it can get you in the ballpark....

3,307 Posts
06 car is gonna be dry sump...I imagine the car has the oil level incorrect and is pushing extra oil up in the air filter...Change the air filter and then set the oil level...It should be checked warm with the engine running via the dipstick on the oil tank ( right front)...Someone probably set it with the car off and it is overfilled...Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
06 car is gonna be dry sump...I imagine the car has the oil level incorrect and is pushing extra oil up in the air filter...Change the air filter and then set the oil level...It should be checked warm with the engine running via the dipstick on the oil tank ( right front)...Someone probably set it with the car off and it is overfilled...Jason
Forgot to add, the car doesnt idle nice, the revs are jumping like 50-100rpms up and down, feels like the car is misfiring but its not. i pulled out the little hose in the intake which blows oil in the intake if the engine is bad, it actually sucks air.
No faults on the scanner, it drives good, pulls like hell. But still oil in intake.
Oil level is at maximum but not more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts