Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
time for me to do my first oil change (myself) on my 2009 4.2 GT.
in looking at Scuderia, they have the filter 289571 listed at $54 plus $14 shipping. $69 bucks total is kinda steep. Before I order it I thought I’d check with you all to see where else you may order from that provides high quality at a lower price?
thanks team,
‘Steve

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Can u skip the shipping price by going to the dealership or an independent shop? It's what i usually do for about $52.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree. Try the dealership first. Some things from them aren't really always more expensive than elsewhere.

Another option; if you find a cheaper high quality filter online, buy several. No sense in paying shipping costs for just one unit. Then you'll have a few to least a few years (y)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just replaced mine for the first time with the above yesterday. It comes from a dealership with shipping to your door at half the price.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Great info to have for a DIY, but what do you do about the little green wrench icon which comes on ( I think ) when the oil change interval is due ? Probably the only reason I’d take the car to my mechanic for something as simple as an oil change, becuase they have the service alerts reset system tool.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Great info to have for a DIY, but what do you do about the little green wrench icon which comes on ( I think ) when the oil change interval is due ? Probably the only reason I’d take the car to my mechanic for something as simple as an oil change, becuase they have the service alerts reset system tool.
I used this tool for a while, (OBDSTAR X-200) it was good at turning off the wrench. Amazon usually have them for $180/$200 range.
OBDSTAR X-200 Pro.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Cool, thanks .. that’s a reasonable price . ( particularly for me who almost never follows the manufacturer‘s suggested service intervals until at least 1.5 x or even 2 x the timeline )
I have an OBD tool that works with all my caRS , including the Porsche, but not the MaseratI .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts