Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chop off the end of a small funnel, just big enough to snugly slip over the oil filter drain nipple.
Fit about a 5" piece of rubber tubing to bottom of new funnel.
After oil has drained from main drain plug, with oil fill cap and dipstick loosened to help vent, approximately 8 to 10 ounces will drain from oil filter during removal.
I like to use my empty 16oz. Adam's Detail Spray bottle to collect it.
oil filter drain 3.jpg

oil filter drain 2.jpg
oil filter drain 1.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and description of your funnel contraption. That will come in handy when it come time for an oil change. What oil did you use?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pictures and description of your funnel contraption. That will come in handy when it come time for an oil change. What oil did you use?
You're very welcome....
Using my 'Speed Perks' points at Advance Auto Parts, i got 9 qts. for $5.55 each.
Pennzoil 5W-40.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
NAPA sold out
I placed an order just the other day and still showed in stock.

By the way, NAPA's system shows the newest part number for 5W-40 Euro Plat as 550051120. It apparently replaced the PN (550040834) which had the Ferrari logo on it. Can anyone confirm if there's any difference in the oil?

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I placed an order just the other day and still showed in stock.

By the way, NAPA's system shows the newest part number for 5W-40 Euro Plat as 550051120. It apparently replaced the PN (550040834) which had the Ferrari logo on it. Can anyone confirm if there's any difference in the oil?
I checked www.NAPAonline.com and the new part number is priced at $12.49/qt while the old part number is priced at $6.09/at. Hmmm...interesting. The website shows that both are available at my local NAPA store and online.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts