Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new owner I really want to know the car inside out, the manual says before I check oil I should let the car run a few minutes until the temperature is stable, then turn the engine off, and let it rest 5 minutes then check the oil level, what if I drive the car for let's say a half hour, and then check the oil after letting the engine rest for 5 minutes? sounds like a stupid question but I dont want to do mistakes in this car!

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts
First, what car are you talking about? Second, just about any car should be warm before checking the oil. However, depending on which engine you have, there is a difference in the procedure. The main reason for only letting it idle for five minutes instead of driving it is that if the level is too low, you have less chance of damage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2015 Centennial Granturismo MC, thanks for replying, how often do you guys check oil?

·
Registered
686 Posts
First, what car are you talking about? Second, just about any car should be warm before checking the oil. However, depending on which engine you have, there is a difference in the procedure. The main reason for only letting it idle for five minutes instead of driving it is that if the level is too low, you have less chance of damage.
2015 Centennial Granturismo MC, thanks for replying, how often do you guys check oil?

Would this be different for a 2016 GT Sport?

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts