Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I don't find much visual content outside of M.L forums for "How To's" so tried to make an informative and entertaining video highlighting the oil change process for the 4.7L V8s (2010 QP Sport GTS on my particular car).

Hope y'all enjoy the video / my attempts at humor.

Registered
How many miles on that used oil, it looked pretty good!
Make yourself something like this for your next oil change, (cut off piece of funnel and a piece of tubing), makes life much easier/cleaner. 馃憤
oil funnel.png
oil funnel 2.png

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
How many miles on that used oil, it looked pretty good!
Make yourself something like this for your next oil change, (cut off piece of funnel and a piece of tubing), makes life much easier/cleaner. 馃憤
View attachment 132400 View attachment 132401
Loved that tool you made. Ironically it hit me like a ton of bricks afterwards when I was changing the oil on my girlfriends car and found the need for a similar solution! I'm ashamed in saying I only drove about 1,600 miles on the car on that oil.

Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
Great job I especially love the cussing Parts now that鈥檚 how you make a video real life excellent color on your video also super clear keep it up

Registered
Great lil tool.
1,600 miles...that's a waste of some prime cheddar, my friend! :unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Great lil tool.
1,600 miles...that's a waste of some prime cheddar, my friend! :unsure:
Agreed sir but I'm classically conditioned to stick to maintenance schedules. I try to keep it to the recommended miles or annually. I go back and forth on oils time based maintenance vs mileage but there's THAT voice in my head that nags haha!

Registered
Agreed sir but I'm classically conditioned to stick to maintenance schedules. I try to keep it to the recommended miles or annually. I go back and forth on oils time based maintenance vs mileage but there's THAT voice in my head that nags haha!
Do what you feel friend, do what you feel :p

Registered
I place an old bath towel between the oil pan & cross member , this stops the oil running down an in the x-member
Good to see you picked up on the stuck filter gasket , there's issues if it's not removed
With the money I save doing my own oil change's (dealership has outrageous pricing) I can buy more beer to drink whilst doing oil changes ...... I'm old school and change oil every 3500 miles

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I place an old bath towel between the oil pan & cross member , this stops the oil running down an in the x-member
Good to see you picked up on the stuck filter gasket , there's issues if it's not removed
With the money I save doing my own oil change's (dealership has outrageous pricing) I can buy more beer to drink whilst doing oil changes ...... I'm old school and change oil every 3500 miles
The bath towel is clever! I'll chalk my blunder up the heat that day. I desperately needed a beer while doing this so I can see the flawless logic there. Yeah the money saved on this one task payed for the DIY oil changes on the other 2 daily drivers, literally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts