Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK. Looking for a personalized plate for my car. Everyone remembers the song "My Maserati does 185". I'm torn between getting "DUZ 185" because it's a Maserati or "DUZ 177" which is more technically correct but doesn't have the same ring to it (and I bet I could hit 185 down hill with a tail wind!) I hope the line "I lost my license, now I don't drive" doesn't come to fruition!

Suggestions?

Buzz

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's actually limited by redline not power or governors. You could go faster if the rev limiter were disabled, but the motor would probably grenade. My M5 had the same power and worse aerodynamics and would hit nearly 190 if ungoverned, no reason to believe the Mas would be any different.

·
Registered
82 Posts
DOES185 was taken in Michigan, so I bought "GOES185" instead. I know its not quite what Joe Walsh sang - but what the heck :D My Works edition Mini CooperS carries "MINIMAL"

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Texas TOTL XS on my Viper. Sums that up!

·
Registered
339 Posts
try explaining it...

"DOES185" is going to be hard to explain to the cop when pulled over for speeding, even harder to explain to the judge when you try to appeal the ticket!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mille162 said:
"DOES185" is going to be hard to explain to the cop when pulled over for speeding, even harder to explain to the judge when you try to appeal the ticket!
I could merely point out that I was doing well under the cars capabilities. Can you see the headlines:

Man in Maserati: Does 1, ate 5 (6 happy women?) ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've had many personalized plates and decided not to get one for the Maserati.

If I *DID* get one (it was already gone in WA state), I'd get FORTE --- which means strong, powerful, and of course in musical terms, LOUD!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forte

Naw... They'd just think it's my age ;)

In Texas we can have 6 characters and we can use spaces, dashes and periods.

What about..... 0-60 4.8S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts