Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for those of us that enjoy being on here, regardless of the purpose, just to chat. This is to keep us from venturing off topic and hijacking other threads. Friendly jabs and jokes are welcome, but let's play nice and keep politics and religion out of it.

Nick

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I originally posted it in the Maserati Lounge. I guess if it's in the wrong place a mod can move it.

Nick

·
Registered
248 Posts
This thread is for those of us that enjoy being on here, regardless of the purpose, just to chat. This is to keep us from venturing off topic and hijacking other threads. Friendly jabs and jokes are welcome, but let's play nice and keep politics and religion out of it.

Nick
Highjacking threads by talking about diesel fitters and peepers? That's the fun part! Where have you been today Nick?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been feeling a little under the weather today. Maybe I overdid the vodka last night......ok, that's not really possible. I was bummed because Michael proposed to you, and I'm sad I didn't get to you first. I need a Dewar's.

Nick

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anybody ever built a wine room or cellar in their house? I've been trying to plan a small one for my basement, and it seems to be uncommon in my area.

Nick

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good morning! Welcome to the chat thread!

Nick

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Wine cellar

Pretty simple they tell me.

Keep the temp consistent and the humidity at a certain level.

I usually drink mine too fast tobe worried about keeping it.

Same thing w/ Christmas - i open my presents early ;)

Very child-like

·
Registered
651 Posts
Has anybody ever built a wine room or cellar in their house? I've been trying to plan a small one for my basement, and it seems to be uncommon in my area.

Nick
Yes I have but I didn't build it myself. We used the design service of www.wineenthusiast.com, ordered the modular racks in cedar wood and a refrigeration unit to keep the room at 54F. My carpenter was able to put the racks together in a day. I have 1000 bottle capacity wine cellar which cost me around $12K in materials and then add a day of a carpenter or you could DIY if you are good with a screwdriver and a drill. Added track lighting and a pendant for lights.

Good Luck

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be in the market in a while.

Targets

Cadillac
VW touareg
Audi Q7
Jeep

Thats the feel

Maybe diesel

Just a utility car..... anybody got experiences?
Jeep's new Grand Cherokee models are actually really nice. Much cheaper than the others you have listed. I have a hard time spending $75k+ on an Escalade for some reason, when you can get a Yukon or Tahoe for much less. I had a friend that owned a V10 TDI Touareg and he loved it. It got flooded out when a retaining wall became saturated and broke away when he was driving during a rainstorm. For a utility ride, and nothing more, I would probably pick one of the American brands, but that's because you said utility.

Nick

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I have but I didn't build it myself. We used the design service of Wine Accessories, Wine Gifts, Wine Cellars, Wine Racks & Wine Glasses - Wine Enthusiast, ordered the modular racks in cedar wood and a refrigeration unit to keep the room at 54F. My carpenter was able to put the racks together in a day. I have 1000 bottle capacity wine cellar which cost me around $12K in materials and then add a day of a carpenter or you could DIY if you are good with a screwdriver and a drill. Added track lighting and a pendant for lights.

Good Luck
We only have about 100 bottles now in a cooler, but I wanted something more permanant. I have looked at wineenthusiast before, and have given them serious consideration. I have a small closet that I would like to convert, and was wondering what kind of prep to the walls you did. Did you fully insulate and vapor barrier the room? All in all, it's probably a 45 cubic foot space, so maybe a larger cooler style cellar is a cheaper choice, but like I said, I would love to have something more permanent that would look nice.

Nick

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Jeep's new Grand Cherokee models are actually really nice. Much cheaper than the others you have listed. I have a hard time spending $75k+ on an Escalade for some reason, when you can get a Yukon or Tahoe for much less. I had a friend that owned a V10 TDI Touareg and he loved it. It got flooded out when a retaining wall became saturated and broke away when he was driving during a rainstorm. For a utility ride, and nothing more, I would probably pick one of the American brands, but that's because you said utility.

Nick
I agree.

Cadillac crossover and Jeep are the same price - $40'ish
VW/Audi goes up a couple of thousand

·
Registered
651 Posts
We only have about 100 bottles now in a cooler, but I wanted something more permanant. I have looked at wineenthusiast before, and have given them serious consideration. I have a small closet that I would like to convert, and was wondering what kind of prep to the walls you did. Did you fully insulate and vapor barrier the room? All in all, it's probably a 45 cubic foot space, so maybe a larger cooler style cellar is a cheaper choice, but like I said, I would love to have something more permanent that would look nice.

Nick
House is new construction. The wine-cellar is a dedicated room in the basement which had spray/foam insulation around it....size is 10x10x7.5ft. Not sure what prep you would need for an existing space.

·
5,887 Posts

Targets

Cadillac
VW touareg
Audi Q7
Jeep

Thats the feel

Maybe diesel

I looked at the Q7 when I was in the market for an SUV last year. I found it to be cramped for my 6'4 frame. I also found the interior to feel cheap. Ended up with a Mercedes ML350 and couldn't be happier. Next SUV will either be another ML or the Kubang.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
651 Posts

Targets

Cadillac
VW touareg
Audi Q7
Jeep

Thats the feel

Maybe diesel

Wife has a Q5, I have the QP but needed an 'everyday' car to run errands to HomeDepot etc. Prefer a 7-seater but not mandatory.
I test drove every midsize SUV I could...X5, GL450, Buick Enclave, Chevy Traverse, Honda Pilot, Toyota 4-runner, Mazda CX-9 and Porsche Cayenne.
In the end settled for an Acura MDX...which I found to offer the best value for money (every gadget included) $46K, the highest resale price in 3 years, amongst the best handling of the lot (especially around corners) and turned out to be excellent in torrential rain and snow. Every gadget in the car works without any fuss or issue. Extremely relaxing for long journeys, have done 10 hour 500+ mile drives and everyone in the car feels relaxed, not tired at the other end. Only downside is that some of my friends keep asking to borrow it now for long trips!
My friend just bought an Audi Q7 diesel which I drove. It is excellent, great pickup, very fast in sport mode and just a wonderful highway cruiser. Looks gorgeous in white. Great fuel economy, only a slight rattle at start up. If the wife didn't already have the Q5 then it would have been my 1st choice...but it is almost $20K over the MDX and yes it is a bit cramped and pokey at the back.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
House is new construction. The wine-cellar is a dedicated room in the basement which had spray/foam insulation around it....size is 10x10x7.5ft. Not sure what prep you would need for an existing space.
That's awesome. That size would be ideal, but I know my wife would have a problem with me collecting that much wine. I can do spray foam once I have the studs exposed. What did you select for wall and floor covering? Got any pics?

Nick

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Wife has a Q5, I have the QP but needed an 'everyday' car to run errands to HomeDepot etc. Prefer a 7-seater but not mandatory.
I test drove every midsize SUV I could...X5, GL450, Buick Enclave, Chevy Traverse, Honda Pilot, Toyota 4-runner, Mazda CX-9 and Porsche Cayenne.
In the end settled for an Acura MDX...which I found to offer the best value for money (every gadget included) $46K, the highest resale price in 3 years, amongst the best handling of the lot (especially around corners) and turned out to be excellent in torrential rain and snow. Every gadget in the car works without any fuss or issue. Extremely relaxing for long journeys, have done 10 hour 500+ mile drives and everyone in the car feels relaxed, not tired at the other end. Only downside is that some of my friends keep asking to borrow it now for long trips!
My friend just bought an Audi Q7 diesel which I drove. It is excellent, great pickup, very fast in sport mode and just a wonderful highway cruiser. Looks gorgeous in white. Great fuel economy, only a slight rattle at start up. If the wife didn't already have the Q5 then it would have been my 1st choice...but it is almost $20K over the MDX and yes it is a bit cramped and pokey at the back.
Thanks VoltMan, my wife keeps on me about the MDX and the Lexus.

I'll add MDX to the list.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts