Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my official 2006 product lineup brochure, and wanted to make a few relevant notes:

Sport GT QP:
20" wheels, Carbon kit, Sport steering wheel, and Sport handbrake grip are all specific to the Sport Gt, and cannot be ordered as options on other cars.
The steering wheel cannot be ordered as a wood wheel in the Sport GT.

Executive GT QP:
A new feature has been added to the central display - an indication of the function (heat, ventilation) and intensity level (of 3 each).
In the backseat lights have been added to the central armrest for better low-light visibility.

General QP:
two new carpet colors - beige and cuoio, for five total, after dropping biondo
North American market gets natural leather
Piano black trim, bois de rose wood inlay, ball polished rims finish out the changes for 06
bronzo montecarlo removed from the color range, but still available as an out of range color

Gransport LE:
Beginning wtih March production, there will be a Limited Edition model available, which comes with red calipers, cdc, skyhook, xenons + wash, full leather interior, 19" ball polished wheels, front seat heat+memory, oval logo, auditorium 200, 'saetta logo' with red accents. This is all covered under a package price giving an overall reduction.

General Coupe:
Carbon fiber trim kit gets the center console in carbon fiber now
vintage package revised - 19" trident pattern rims, as opposed to the 18". this package can be combined with the aluminum interior finishes at no extra price.
executive package - skyhook, rear park sensors, xenons + wash, 19" trofeo wheels, front black mesh
90th anniv blue paint available (& gransport) this color replaces azzurro argentina which is now an out of range color

quarzo dolomite and rame ghibli are no longer available

- Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
I just recieved my official 2006 product lineup brochure, and wanted to make a few relevant notes:

Sport GT QP:
20" wheels, Carbon kit, Sport steering wheel, and Sport handbrake grip are all specific to the Sport Gt, and cannot be ordered as options on other cars.
The steering wheel cannot be ordered as a wood wheel in the Sport GT.

Executive GT QP:
A new feature has been added to the central display - an indication of the function (heat, ventilation) and intensity level (of 3 each).
In the backseat lights have been added to the central armrest for better low-General QP
two new carpet colors - beige and cuoio, for five total, after dropping biodo
North American market gets natural leather
Piano black trim, bois de rose wood inlay, ball polished rims finish out the changes for 06
bronzo montecarlo removed from the color range, but still available as an out of range color

Gransport LE:
Beginning wtih March production, there will be a Limited Edition model available, which comes with red calipers, cdc, skyhook, xenons + wash, full leather interior, 19" ball polished wheels, front seat heat+memory, oval logo, auditorium 200, 'saetta logo' with red accents. This is all covered under a package price giving an overall reduction.

General Coupe:
Carbon fiber trim kit gets the center console in carbon fiber now
vintage package revised - 19" trident pattern rims, as opposed to the 18". this package can be combined with the aluminum interior finishes at no extra price.
executive package - skyhook, rear park sensors, xenons + wash, 19" trofeo wheels, front black mesh
90th anniv blue paint available (& gransport) this color replaces azzurro argentina which is now an out of range color

- Mark
Are the changes you mentioned to the Executive QP ( changes to the central display and rear lighting on the central armrest only on the model and not on the Sport GT or basic QP. Seems strange that a change would be made to the central display for the types of functions you mentioned, but only on the Exec GT ?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i can tell you the heated seat dial is INGENIOUSLY located. many times i have to literally lean over my female passenger to look for them under the seat; after which, her legs will already be warmed (by me).

seriously, there are times i have absolutely no idea which setting i have the seat warmers on. and as a dial, it doesn't really resets itself...

btw what is the Natural Leather? I am very confused with the leather selection. Is Poltrona Frau the supplier to all Maserati leather? or there are different grades for the 05? and now for the 06 US?

i got ventilated seats and apparently i couldnt get the most supple leather...

·
Registered
10 Posts
M! said:
i can tell you the heated seat dial is INGENIOUSLY located. many times i have to literally lean over my female passenger to look for them under the seat; after which, her legs will already be warmed (by me).

seriously, there are times i have absolutely no idea which setting i have the seat warmers on. and as a dial, it doesn't really resets itself...

btw what is the Natural Leather? I am very confused with the leather selection. Is Poltrona Frau the supplier to all Maserati leather? or there are different grades for the 05? and now for the 06 US?

i got ventilated seats and apparently i couldnt get the most supple leather...
Poltrona Frau is the supplier for all Maserati Leather. There are two grades, the "standard grade" and new for 2006 an optional "Natural Leather" which costs $ 6,385 !! According to the factory, it will wear longer without cracking or fading and feels softer. For this price, the leather is extended to the complete seats, lower dashboard and door panels. I have seen the natural leather during a recent visit to the Maserati factory and visually you cannot tell the difference. In speaking to a factory representative, he said they have customers who want the best, but you cannot justify the price based on looks or feel.( Factory rep joked and said it was similar in concept to the Comfort Pack Front and Rear seats that provide mediocre ventiliation and message for ONLY $10,000 - he said he could hire a hooker to provide ventilation and massage on road trips for less and without fear of malfunction !!)
From a resale standpoint he felt that the natural leather would bring very little residual value improvement, because you cannot tell the difference. He did say it would wear better over the long term, i.e., if you were going to keep the car 8 years or longer.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Is this the same "Quartz" that was on the '02 Coupe?

Thanks for the time!

KCD

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since I posted this, we have gotten a couple more new QP's. We got our Quarzo car, which is in fact a discontinued color.

The changes to the dials - both lighted in rear, and on the display in front, show up on the standard non executive gt car as well.

- Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
thebimbo
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing