now I get crazy flickers form the various electronic equipment and engine
will not turn over.... Must be the battery, huh? The car was purchased in
Dec '07 and had a new FIAAM battery put in it at the time. Is this battery
worth recharging or just scuttle it?

Thanks for your input....

·
Registered
518 Posts
its only a year old go ahead and charge the FIAMM it should last you for at least another year. I dont know on the Oddessy but the XS Power battery would be a D5100 or D5100R (R is for reverse terminals I know the Coupe is reverse terminals just not sure on the QPort)...it will be a bit smaller but will have very similar power characteristics also look at the group 51 version of the Optima

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I'll have the battery recharged as you suggested. Odyssey batteries are supposed to be the best. U.S. military spec & can sit for 2 years without
needing a recharge. Some kind of dry battery, Acid glass mat technology...

Thanks for your help

JG:)

·
Registered
793 Posts
If you are charging the battery make sure to disconnect it from your electrical system or you will toast it.

Odyssey is a very good battery. You can contact them for help: http://www.odysseybatteries.com/index.htm

You should also have a tender connected to your battery when the car is not in use.

Battery size has little to do with drain. Keep it on a tender. FIAAM's are worthless batteries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.