Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has occurred twice now. Straight after filling up, on a fast left hand turn, the fuel gauge will dip to empty and the fuel light will flash once, and then immediately the needle goes back to full and the light goes off.

Everything else seems fine. On my way home today,it didn't occur, with maybe a gallon or two burned.

Presumably it's the tank float behaving oddly, but has it happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dave,
I have replaced too many left hand fuel pumps to count for bad potentiometers on the level float. There is also probably a Diagnostic trouble code stored in the Engine ECU (Motronic) correlating this anomaly. If the pump is out of the car it can be tested with an Ohm meter and there most likely is a dead spot on the potentiometer. Replace the left hand fuel pump assembly with new. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have similar issue, but on right hand turns. The fuel gauge also "wonders around" a little until I have burned a gallon or so. I chalked it up to "Italian charm" and quirks, but guess I should get my fuel pump(s) checked as well. Does not seem to be affecting performance though.....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would assume that this would be covered under warranty?

Thanks for the rapid, and detailed response Kent. What a fantastic asset you are in this community

1 - 6 of 6 Posts