Maserati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
On the dealers know what the other codes are... You can either get one of their OBD II readers or wait for Kent Woodworth or Bugatti to look in here to tell you what your code means.. What code are you getting?
Hello, I performed a search as you suggested but with no luck...I'm having the P1626 code on a 2002 Spyder CC, I can't discover what it stands for until now.

The car doesn't go above 5000 RPMs. Simultaneously are also the P0501 Code (Car speed sensor) and both the temperature sensors on the CATs (P0428 and P0438).

If you could give me a clue it would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mário.

·
Super Moderator
3,294 Posts
Hello, I performed a search as you suggested but with no luck...I'm having the P1626 code on a 2002 Spyder CC, I can't discover what it stands for until now.

The car doesn't go above 5000 RPMs. Simultaneously are also the P0501 Code (Car speed sensor) and both the temperature sensors on the CATs (P0428 and P0438).

If you could give me a clue it would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mário.
P1626 is ASR Timeout. ASR message not received. Requires ASR/ABS ecu check.

P0501 is vehicle speed on the CAN bus from ASR/ABS system not plausible.

P0428 & P0438 both cat temp sensors and cats need to be checked (or wiring).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Guys when you need specific information about a code all in need is the exact number and I will relay the information back to you. I can give you an idea of what to check. You can PM me or just post them anytime. I am on the forum everyday.
Anyone ever heard of code 1609? All indications are that it’s a proprietary Maserati code since there is no preceding letter. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
It is probably a P1609...Immobilizer fault..Clear it and see if it comes back....On a OBD code...The p is powertrain..The first number tells you if it is generic or not....0 is generic and 1 is proprietary code...Most of all it is pretty standard though across makes most of the time.....Jason

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is probably a P1609...Immobilizer fault..Clear it and see if it comes back....On a OBD code...The p is powertrain..The first number tells you if it is generic or not....0 is generic and 1 is proprietary code...Most of all it is pretty standard though across makes most of the time.....Jason
Thank you! Very helpful, Jason. As I understand it, this would indicate that at some time or another there was non-recognition of the coded key that is used in the ignition, correct? Car has always started just fine with both keys, so clearing it in hopes it never returns!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Yeah, anything could have caused it...If I ran a list of fault codes in every module in every good running car then I would have like 15-20 faults total...It could have been a low battery etc...Clear it and move on....Jason

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
17 Participants
[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing