Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a list or a manual/PDF or something on the internet which lists all the Maserati specific codes reported by the OBD?

So far, i've found manufacturer specific codes for VW, BMW and Ford, but nothing specific to Maserati.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had heard from a Mas mechanic that there are about 1400 codes for the Mas. Don't know if thats true, but it will throw a code if the gas cap is not on tight enough.

Jer

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats not that many, its just a small text file, which can be easily inserted into most popular OBD software available.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good for you, so does mine. What about the rest? It would be nice if we had a complete list of all Maserati specific codes.

Anyone has them all in one place? like an Excel spreadsheet or something?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Good for you, so does mine. What about the rest? It would be nice if we had a complete list of all Maserati specific codes.

Anyone has them all in one place? like an Excel spreadsheet or something?

I posted the list here about a year ago or so.. Look for my ID and OBD in a search and it should show up...

·
Registered
6 Posts
can you please post the list of Maserati trouble codes again? I am desperate to find them and was not lucky. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at his posts, the search function on the site is not very helpful since it won't process words with less than 4 letters. Anyway, i couldn't find any list of Maserati specific codes.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've been there, but those two pages don't contain 1400 or so maserati specific codes... or is my browser hiding something?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
On the dealers know what the other codes are... You can either get one of their OBD II readers or wait for Kent Woodworth or Bugatti to look in here to tell you what your code means.. What code are you getting?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, for some DIY amateur like me, i'd like to be able to immediately tell what a code means with my own OBDII, without going to my local dealer and asking them to plug the SD3.

A complete list of Maserati codes would solve this problem, i could just add them all to my OBD software and it would be like i have my own personal SD3 (with the only limitation, that i won't be able to access the Cambiocorsa PIS values and stuff like that which are only visible to the SD3).

Such a solution would solve problems that we've seen in the past, were someone is looking for a code via google and gets a completely different code description because its from a different manufacturer.

I believe something like that would be helpful to everyone!

PS:
dealers may not want that of course, they'd loose some percentage of customers from using their highly expensive and over priced SD3.

·
Registered
92 Posts
On the dealers know what the other codes are... You can either get one of their OBD II readers or wait for Kent Woodworth or Bugatti to look in here to tell you what your code means.. What code are you getting?
Guys when you need specific information about a code all in need is the exact number and I will relay the information back to you. I can give you an idea of what to check. You can PM me or just post them anytime. I am on the forum everyday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maserati 4200 spyder 2003

Having a P1740 error code. What does this error code mean. CC light permanently on. Car starts, but won't shift out of Neutral.

Thanks.

D1953

·
Registered
82 Posts
Guys when you need specific information about a code all in need is the exact number and I will relay the information back to you. I can give you an idea of what to check. You can PM me or just post them anytime. I am on the forum everyday.
My 2003 Coupe is showing PO2190. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
20 Posts
My QP reads 055 briefly when I accelerate onto a freeway. I can't find a code book either. Sometimes they have them in those non official shop manuals. I'll try the online Mas. manual. Is anyone familiar with this code 055?

2005 QP

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
17 Participants
[email protected] Enzo`s Atlanta
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing