Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Membership,

Having made the decision to invest in one of these, imagine my surprise to see how many different makes, models, and prices there are out there. For simple diagnosis and resetting, is there a concensus among the membership as to which model is best?

Thanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I bought the lowest-priced unit I could find at Kragen's ($60), a simple read-and-reset, and it worked great.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree that the cheapies are as good as the higher priced unit for Maserati purposes since all you can do anyways is read the engine codes and reset the light.

The difference then is whether you go with a handheld unit or one that interfaces to a computer.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
On Sale

I've been looking as well. Think the suggested Equus 3120 is the way for me - and its on sale at Autobarn for $189 so . .done deal tomorrow.

p.s. - if anyone is interested in a Duramatric pc based scanner for Porsche let me know - it's going on ebay shortly.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'm very happy with the Actron unit I purchased. I use it about once every 6-8 weeks resetting the many innocuous codes that my Italian lady throws every once in a whie...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Follow-Up Question.....

Will these "universal" code reader/scanners clear other "idiot" lights? For example, after detailing my engine recently, the system threw the airbag light. Are these circuit specific, or part of the greater OBD2 system?

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts