Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my 2004 Cambiocorsa from Expo Motors. As soon as the driver unloaded it from the truck I saw the light that means A failure in the gearbox" come on. The car drives fine, in both modes, However as soon as I either go it R or 1 after giving it just a little the light comes on. Big problem?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Do you have an OBDII scanner? If not, buy one, or borrow one, and see what code you are getting. Post it here and you'll probably get an answer.

Eric

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Any decent one will do the job. Should be able to pick one up at your local auto parts store. Some will even loan you one.

Eric

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
This happened to me just a few months ago - my light came on less than 24 hours after I picked up the car. It turned out to be the F1 pump. Notify Expo asap (and f/u with a written letter) and discuss their repairing the car at their cost ! Check to see if Texas has a used car warranty - NY does - for 90 days. My independent dealer was not happy but after some 'discussion' he paid for the repairs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where ( or how)do you check the Trans fluid

Spoke to the dealer here in town, They were great, Said since my car is still covered under the 5/50, if it needs a pump the factory will pay for it. I was also told that since it goes into gear and drivers well it doesn't sound like a pump. That low trans fluid could cause the light to come on. I feel a whole lot better with that 5/50 in place. Great looking car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts