Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NY Autoshow starts this weekend but I have press access so I will actually be at the show tomorrow. I will let you know if I see anything new or interesting from Maserati ( or anyone else for that matter ... )

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maserati announces driver school in Atlanta

The only news out of the NY Auto show was the announcement of the opening of a 1 to 2 day driving school in Atlanta. The school is similar to a program already offered to Maserati owners that was in Italy. the school covers everything from accident avoidance techniques to driving on the Road Atlanta race track. Maserati supplies the cars: grandsports and QPS and will be by invite only to Maserati owners or prospects.

Other then that it was a pretty boring and uninspiring presentation. They had a black Gs coupe, a silver Gs Spyder and a black QP on display.

The Maserati booth was nicely positioned next to Bentley (saw the new Bentley GTC...awesome), Ferrari and Porsche.

Lexus unveiled the new 2008 LS6OOH . It is an unbelievable technical feat. The electronic features are truly incredible. The car actually can drive itself in certain situations. Including accident avoidance where there is a camera that monitors the drivers head to make sure you and watching the road and it has radar watching the road ahead. the Radar can identify people and hard objects like other vehicles. It will avoid a collision if it sees one coming and the driver is not paying attention. I am talking steering not just braking. the car also can parallel park itself with a push of a button. the car is quite attractive if youlike Lexus's most recent designs.

That's all for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the update. I was planning on taking the trip in (mainly to see what Maser had to show) - might forego it now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Tridente
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing