Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I had a 2008 QP S. Just purchased a 2012 Granturismo with 61k miles. I love the car. In sport mode the throttle response is immediate. And it chirps in the first three gears. I can’t imagine that throttle response kit improving this. My real question if allowed at this point is: I am many miles from a Mas repair facility so my local mechanic is doing the brakes and he has the old ones off but can’t get the parking brake to release. He tried turning the ignition switch on and hitting the park off button and no go. Then started it and tried to take it out of park but with the rear turning it won’t go out of park. Help please.
Vehicle cover Vehicle Car Land vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
171 Posts
Just pull up on the park brake lever in the center console and it should go off.

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
171 Posts
did you get it off? You may have a problem getting it to go off if the rest of the brakes are already apart. You need to have your foot on the brake pedal but I don't know if uses the brake switch or pressure. There is also a procedure in the owner's manual for releasing the park brake if it wont' release with the switch. This thread goes over a lot of info about the EPB...

·
Registered
997 Posts
There’s a L shaped wire thing in the tool kit

the brake actuator is Under the flip up cover in the trunk

insert the tool and turn and brake will release

1 - 4 of 4 Posts